Fresno Cops Destroy Family's House

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by RootBeerMan, Mar 13, 2017.

1. RootBeerMan macrumors 6502a

RootBeerMan

If you give them toys they will play with them. Give them too much power and you get events such as this. Here is a case of cops running wild to get a half starved homeless guy out of a house and they destroy the house because they can.

http://www.courthousenews.com/bewildered-farmers-sue-fresno-county-overkill/

2. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

3. A.Goldberg macrumors 68020

A.Goldberg

Wow. I would love to see pictures as well.

I'm curious how one "pulled the office wall off the foundation. If this is accurate it sounds like someone needs to be fired and the police department's insurance should drop them. Clearly they've been watching too many movies.

4. RootBeerMan thread starter macrumors 6502a

RootBeerMan

I'm sure there will be plenty of pictures offered up at the trial, if the departments don't settle first. This kind of damage was over the top, but similar incidents with somewhat less damage happen all too frequently across the country.

5. Gutwrench Contributor

Gutwrench

6. ActionableMango macrumors G3

ActionableMango

That seems quite excessive.

But the "unarmed" bit is unfair. If someone is threatening to use weapons, you have to proceed as if he is armed.

This is no different than someone who sticks up a bank with an extended finger in his jacket pocket. You have to act as if he is armed, and after being caught it is charged as armed robbery even if there was no weapon.

7. CaptMurdock macrumors 6502a

CaptMurdock

One guy - armed or not - necessitated "a teargas-wielding SWAT team, 50 vehicles, two helicopters, a K-9 unit and a fire truck"??

If he was Luke Cage, maybe.

8. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

I'll do a simple search for you! ;)

9. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

Wow. That's crazy. In that video they show the house with windows completely removed from the frames. Did the police do that or was that part of the demo process?

10. unlinked macrumors 6502a

It seems to be a complicatedly unrelated event in a different state.
    When I looked for this event I only found a story in Russia Today so I assumed this whole thing was a Russian psyop.

11. JackieInCo macrumors 603

This isn't the house mentioned in the OP. The video above is in Greenwood Village Colorado and the OP is in California. The video is two years old.

I remember asking my local news about who would pay for the homeowners damage for that house in the video and my local news told me the homeowners insurance would be responsible.

12. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Horrible if true. I could see using massive force, but only after threat to human life has been confirmed. However, it sounds like the homeless guy was just making empty threats. The police should have used one of those bomb-disposal robots could have been sent in to assess the threat by the homeless person.... And yes, the Wikipedia site for the Fresno police mentions that they do have one of those robots.

13. Khalanad75 macrumors 6502

Khalanad75

It's odd that I have not heard about this on any of the local news channels.