Friend of mine just got an i4 from blackberry last night, has unlimited data?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by palmerc2, Dec 31, 2010.

1. palmerc2 macrumors 65816

palmerc2

So she's has the same number on ATT for 10 years, pretty much the past 4-5 has been done on the blackberry with unlimited data. When we went into the apple store last night, I was prepared to have her call ATT, play dumb of why she only has 2GB a month of data (she does use a lot....and I heard it works) when she's been with them for 10 years, blah blah blah. If that didn't work then do the original iPhone trick (if it still works). But when we went over the account at the very end, it said that the data was unlimited. It's really cool, but I thought only those with a previous iPhone, and iPhone only, were able to be grandfathered into unlimited data on the i4....was the apple rep just being overly nice (which he was), or is there something I'm missing here? Maybe good to know for some people who are on BB and want to keep their unlimited data

Happy new year!

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

It's not iPhone users only, it's all people who had an unlimited data plan on their account. If you had an unlimited data plan on say, a Treo, or a PDA, or a flavor of Blackberry it will be grandfathered further when you upgrade.

Don't let an AT&T rep tell you otherwise.

3. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Good to see you took the time to come up with all these lies when you could have taken 2 seconds to look into it and realize she would be grandfathered in. iPhones aren't the only phones in the world that use data.

4. JD914 macrumors 6502a

JD914

I don't even know where to begin: you're either misinformed, clueless, deliberately making up stuff or just think everyone in this forum is a dummy :rolleyes:

5. TheyCallMeSaint macrumors regular

If you read his post, he clearly just thought iPhones were the only ones that were grandfathered in. No need to be mean.

6. iBryton macrumors regular

I didn't read the responses above... but when AT&T introduced the cap on data, it only applied to NEW customers.

7. nunes013 macrumors 65816

nunes013

no need for everyone to be mean to the op. hes just saying what he thought. Originally ATT said if if you had unlimited data you would be grandfathered in. if you never had data before you would take the new plans. And ATT told me i needed to be on an iPhone data to keep unlimited data. Thats why when i went to add unlimited to my BB before the plans switched so i could have it for when i got my ip4 they couldnt. i needed an iphone imei so i took my friends so i could have unlimited.