Friend ordered a MBP 17" on Feb 22, delivers Mar 5. Will it be updated?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by netdog, Feb 28, 2008.

1. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

Hi,

A friend of mine in Spain ordered the 2.4 17" Hi Res MBP on February 22nd, and it is due to be delivered on March 5th. Will they ship her the updated MBP with the 2.5, 250GB disk and LED screen? Does she need to cancel the order and order again? Is the new one also 100 euros cheaper?

Thanks!

2. Ryox macrumors 6502a

Ryox

I would check the order status online and see if the specs has changed, if not try giving apple a call.
    She might need to cancel and reorder.

3. netdog thread starter macrumors 603

netdog

Thanks. Passed along your message. That would be really crappy if they were planning to ship her a 2.4 (not that this isn't a great machine too, but the LED and disc upgrade alone are really nice).

4. Ryox macrumors 6502a

Ryox

Yeah i think the price has droped slightly as well so its well worth getting the newer machine.

5. Zeos macrumors 6502

It's probably the old model.

6. amoda macrumors 6502a

If it has already been shipped and it is the old version make sure to tell your friend not to open it! If they open it they will be subject to a 10% re-stocking fee!

7. honeycrisp macrumors regular

Is there that big of a difference?

8. netdog thread starter macrumors 603

netdog

New LED screen, bigger onboard cache, 250GB drive vs. 160GB drive, 512MB vram vs 256MB, SSE4 instruction set support, 2.5 vs. 2.4, 100 euros cheaper, and it runs MUCH cooler.

All everybody talks about is speed benchmarks here, but this is a nice upgrade for other reasons.

9. Whorehay macrumors 6502a

Whorehay

I would almost fight for the new one just for the LED screen.

10. puke macrumors regular

The new 17 inch is what I recommend, and you she probably wont get the new one with the current order (When I talked to them they said if you ordered it one Maybe 2 days before release they ship the new one) otherwise you need to send it back. (And here in Sweden there are no restockingfee's) You dont pay schmack for sending / returning back anything within 14days.