Friend reserved but offered me his reservation if I wanted it...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MajesticNJ, Jun 19, 2010.

1. MajesticNJ macrumors regular

MajesticNJ

Ok so I have a 3GS now and am eligible for an upgrade. By the time I could order it was already too late and ship dates were for July 15. However my friend told me he preordered one on one account and reserved one for in store pickup in another account. He is going to let the online phone ship but has offered me his in store pickup.

Wondering if this would be allowed? If I showed up with him at the apple store would they let me use his reservation for my upgrade? Would I even need him here with me at the store? He was a sprint customer that is just switching to AT&T so he can get the iPhone.

Just curious what you all think.

Thanks,

Fred

2. elephunkman macrumors 65816

He can do that. You just buy the phone and that's it.

3. jediistar macrumors 6502

I called my local store today as I was able to also order through Apple.com after reserving in store. They said as long as I was there, no problems.

4. docal97 macrumors 6502a

docal97

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

U cAn give your reservation to a friend but u must be present with him. I verified this with my local apple store.

5. elephunkman macrumors 65816

That might be true since the reservation is under his name.

6. JoJoCal19 macrumors 65816

JoJoCal19

Thats good to know. Im most likely giving my reservation to a buddy since I really want the White iPhone so I will wait.