Friend who ordered much later gets phone much earlier

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Cubemmal, Sep 23, 2013.

1. Cubemmal macrumors 6502a

Check this out.

I order 12:01AM on Friday, get the 1-3 day and shipping notification today from China for delivery on Thursday. A friend orders his phone the end of the day Friday and gets one of them today (Monday), and the other tomorrow! His are coming from Ft Worth Texas.

Apple seems to really be screwing up phone launch day again. No preorder for the new phone and now this.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Did you get the same phone color and memory? Those options will affect delivery times.

3. Cubemmal thread starter macrumors 6502a

Same exact phone; 32GB Grey. The most common.

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Life isn't always fair, OP. Congratulate your friend and move on. Life is too short to be stressing over something so minor.

5. acctman macrumors 6502a

acctman

also is he in the same State and town? did he order on Apple.com or via cell provider? Unless is order was 100% identical to yours it hard to say Apple is screwing up cause its probably based on color, size and availability

6. Cubemmal thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes

Same as me, Apple.com

Absolutely identical order, as it happened.

7. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

There are a lot of factors that can affect delivery time. It's not always as simple as everyone receiving an item in the order that the orders were placed.

8. Aml216 macrumors 6502a

Aml216

A mysterious location in the middle of nowhere
    Who cares? Your phone will be in your hands shortly -no need stress out and worry about why someone got theirs before you :)

9. Ann P macrumors 68020

T-Mobile did the same to me. My friend ordered the same exact phone a day later...got his shipped out first.

10. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

I think the bitterness here is a tad sad.

I'm sorry your phone didn't ship first, but that's the way things work sometimes.

11. gentlefury macrumors 68030

I didn't even order mine, and stood in line for 3 hours on Fri morning!

12. Troneas macrumors 65816

Troneas

congratulations but some people might have other things to do on a friday morning than to line up for three hours for a phone.

13. uttamo macrumors member

14. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

Or some of us can't, even if we wanted to….I'm a heart patient and my cardio would not approve of my camping out for a phone like that.

My only option to get one as fast as I could was to order and wait for delivery.

15. gentlefury macrumors 68030

Just pointing out that some people get things sooner than others. Get over it.

16. LeeRod macrumors member

Is this what the tracking info says or just the email? I got my notification yesterday from Apple and in the email it said delivers Sept. 26th (Thursday), but it will actually be here tomorrow according to the UPS tracking info.

17. DoofenshmirtzEI macrumors 6502a

DoofenshmirtzEI

I find it strange that everybody else who ordered off apple.com says their phone is coming from China, and this one instance it's coming from Fort Worth.

I think your friend ordered from his carrier, and that's the difference.

18. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Were you expecting us to show you sympathy? Get over it you'll have your phone on Thursday.

19. Cubemmal thread starter macrumors 6502a

No, I was interested if anybody else had a similar story, temper the anger friend.

20. grizzy macrumors member

Thursday sounds great to me.

I ordered right at launch and mine is still preparing to ship (while hundreds on here are getting them tomorrow & wed.). I'd gladly switch places with you!

21. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

Exactly! Just be happy you're not one of the ones (like me) who isn't slated to get hers until the end of October.

22. DarkSel macrumors regular

Yeah, I'm a bit bummed out that my phone didn't get shipped yesterday (for delivery on Tuesday). It's been bumped to Wednesday.

It's too long of a wait!

23. tharepairguy macrumors member

I sniped my 64gb Goldie at 2am from the comfort of my home from bestbuy.com. Picked it up on launch day around 2pm...

To the OP: You definitely have a right to be upset. If the story is true, then they definitely need to refine their system...