Friend's iPhone only in Egypt to contact family

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by sharpmama, Feb 6, 2011.

1. sharpmama macrumors newbie

A friend of mine who just got back a couple of days ago from Egypt, where she'd traveled with a group of 15 women and were evacuated by our government, told me that her iPhone (along with the other two iPhones in the group) worked EVERYTWHERE they went in Egypt. She largely texted her family and other's families so that they knew they were all OK. No one else in their group had a cell phone that could be used for anything!

I feel like shouting to the world: if you travel very much at all, get an AT&T iPhone! It works in other countries; most do not.

I'm sick and tired of the praise Verizon has had and the nasty press AT&T's been through for months, especially since Verizon phones do not work in my neighborhood or our downtown area at all... and this is in suburban LA county (the eastern San Gabriel Valley city of San Dimas).

Just my 2 cents.

2. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

I'd sure like to see the look on her face, when she opens her bill, if she didn't have a different sim in it or an international data plan.:D
    http://www.wireless.att.com/learn/international/roaming/iphone-travel-tips.jsp