friends said, iphone 4 retina, iphone 4s siri, iphone 5 nothing new

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by aleni, Oct 2, 2012.

1. aleni macrumors 68020

friends said, iphone 4 has retina, iphone 4s has siri, iphone 5 has nothing new.

yes it's only refinements made on the iPhone 5 that makes using it much more pleasure.

but iPhone 5 for me has a really best and important feature, it's something we complained al lot when we heard the rumour about iPhone 5 was only going to use the battery almost as the same capacity as the 4S's battery.

man this amazes me.

[​IMG]

info: i dont use LTE, because dont have LTE in my area.

2. penajmz macrumors 68030

penajmz

3. AutoUnion39 macrumors 601

AutoUnion39

I feel like the people that say that the 5 is essentially the same as the 4/4S are the same people who:

1. don't have the $$$ to buy one, so they hate it
    2. are jealous of you
    3. plainly hate Apple
    4. fail to realize that 4G LTE is really important
    5. don't have an upgrade and want one, but are playing it down :cool:
    6. are too stupid people to realize that it is an evolution of the iPhone lineup, just like Galaxy S2 -> S3. Samsung made it larger, that's about it.

4. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Your friends are right. It got LTE and a bigger screen, that's all to write home about.

5. noah82 macrumors 6502a

noah82

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

That's because your friends dont have an iphone 5 and you do:D
    So to feel better they try to convince themselves that its no big deal and has nothing they will want.
    My friend with a 3GS was trying to tell me the other day that his and my i5 are almost the same or something.
    I was like sure:D
    Same exact thing dude.

7. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Even if you don't live in an area with LTE, it's still a larger upgrade than going from original iPhone to iPhone 3G, which added just 3G and A-GPS in a new case.

8. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

I don't have LTE in my area yet either, but man I can't wait until it rolls out finally. I'm not getting that kind of battery life on mine, but I leave BT enabled all day so it will automatically connect to receiver when I get in my car. I have push enabled and I'm sure I've got too many notifications that I really don't even need to have on. But I have yet to actually test it out on a full charge and go all the way to 0. I think I'll give it a go tomorrow.

9. famous600 macrumors 6502a

famous600

10. MuddyPaws1 macrumors 6502

Yea, but some people fail to realize that there are very few areas that actually have LTE let alone GOOD LTE.

For lots and lots of folks, LTE wasn't a selling point.

Faster = normal progression of electronics. It better be faster, it's a year later in electronics.

Thinner....meh. Some people like thinner, some don't. I would have liked same thickness and bigger battery. Thinner isn't a HUGE selling point. It's not like the 4S was 5 inches thick.

11. Mliii macrumors 65816

Mliii

Here's a unique thought: if you don't want to buy it based on what your "friends" say, don't...

12. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

Your friends are kids and act like them......

My friends are mature adults ( Except one :) ) and none of use get together to show off our phones. Its just a phone/tool. ;) The one young person has a Galaxy SIII, and she doesn't show off her phone either, but plays with it constantly as young kids do...:confused:

13. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

I agree, I think the vast majority would have preferred a wider screen than a thinner phone. I never read a single thread hoping for a thinner than 4/4S phone.

14. nefan65 macrumors 65816

nefan65

If your friends think it's nothing great, then they shouldn't care. They should go about their business, and not worry about it.

15. 1member1 macrumors 6502

People complained for years about small screen and now when its 0.5 inch taller (yeah its not 4.6 inch who needs it) they say i'ts not worth to upgrade.

I'm myself with the iPhone 4. I wish i had the money to buy the iPhone 5 now but I'm holding myself as long as I can.

there's a lot of difference between those devices.

16. NM08SRT8 macrumors 6502a

NM08SRT8

That's two upgrades listed over the singles his friend(s) listed.

What's with you tards, the iPhone 5 has plenty of upgrades over the last models.

17. Radio macrumors 68000

18. appswipe macrumors 6502

Maybe he fried and ate his friends for not agreeing with his opinion? Based on how angry people get at contradicting opinions out here then I'd guess that it happens pretty often.

19. cynics macrumors G3

My employer buys my phones and pays the service. All I have to do is ask and a few days to a week later I have a new phone in my box. I'm still holding onto my 4S. Believe it or not just because you don't have a 5 doesn't mean you are dumb or can't afford it, you might just not want one. I'm going to hold out a couple months to see what comes on the market then decide.

20. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Aside from LTE which not everyone is able to utilize, the half inch screen is it over the 4S. There's not much the 5 can do that the 4s can't.

21. paulrbeers macrumors 68040

Okay, so then what did the 4S have over the 4 (if we ignore CPU/GPU improvements)? Siri?

22. DjStiky macrumors member

That usage and standby screenshot is impossible man. How did you get that? I am nowhere close to that.
    (Yes, I calibrated twice and no i did not restore from backup. I also did a DFU restore from scratch. Had it since launch day.)

Does having LTE have that much of an impact on the battery?

23. rever3nce macrumors 6502a

rever3nce

I hear this crap everyday. They go by visuals and not performance or internals. Thats like saing my sports car is the same as your car because it has 2 doors. They fail to realize anything and probably watch too much TV ads. My co workers always say their S3 is still so much better. I told them okay how? They replied S beam and NFC. Itold em to show me how it works and they didn't even know what to do or how to use it

24. moosquared macrumors regular

moosquared

XL? Any chance it's the XL provider in Indonesia?
    Where did you buy yours, if you don't mind me asking? :)

25. pooleman Suspended

pooleman

What's your location?