From 4s 64GB to 5c 32GB. Large music collection, doable?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mahler, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Mahler macrumors newbie

Hi everyone!

I'm thinking about upgrading my trusty 64gb 4S iPhone to a 32gb 5C. I really wanted to upgrade to a 64GB but unfortunately these beautiful 5C iPhones don't come with that capacity.

The great majority of my 64GB space is occupied by music, about 42gb total. Since it's been two years since I upgraded my phone, some things have changed (I don't think iTunes Match existed back then). Can anyone tell me if I could solve my music availability problem on a 32gb be solved with iTunes Match?

Thank you. Sorry if this has probably been asked in the past.

2. cuencap macrumors regular

Yes - iTunes Match would solve your problem! Once everything is 'matched', you can then stream/download songs, playlists, albums, artists, etc. I love Match and now that iTunes Radio comes ad-free for Match customers, it's more than worth the $25/year.

3. bigcstyle4 macrumors 6502

As long as you don't care about accurate play counts then iTunes Match will work for you.

4. Becact macrumors member

Google music is free and does the same thing, but integration is not as elegant. Just another option.

5. Col Ronson macrumors 6502a

yup iTunes match will work fine. Although ive noticed the streaming quality is not as good when i play it thru my car. although that may just be in my head. pretty sure your phone will download/stream the 256kbps AAC version.