From a resale perspective, 16GB w/ AppleCare+or 32GB w/o

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Macdude2010, Aug 9, 2013.

1. Macdude2010 macrumors 65816

Macdude2010

So, for a secondary phone, I am deciding whether to Buy the 16GB with AppleCare+ or the 32GB without it. I could use both features either way, but the question is, which one would pull in more resale value next year?

2. SPEEDwithJJ, Aug 9, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2013

SPEEDwithJJ macrumors 65816

SPEEDwithJJ

IMO, based on just those 2 choices, I think a 16GB iPhone with AppleCare+ will hold a better resale value, assuming that you also seek a prorated refund on the unused portion of your AppleCare+ coverage.

My thinking is based solely on seeing previous re-sales & coming to the conclusion that base (or lowest price) models of any Apple hardware products are the ones that will cause you to lose the least amount of money compared to what you paid when you bought them brand new.

3. moldy lunchbox macrumors 6502a

moldy lunchbox

32GB. I wouldn't care if a phone had a few months of Applecare+ , as I probably wouldn't use it. Having 32gb though, I will use.

4. Macdude2010 thread starter macrumors 65816

Macdude2010

Ok, but the thing here is, both cost the same, which would get the most back?

5. Andy Ftw macrumors regular

Would definitely say the 32GB imo.

6. CEmajr macrumors 601

The 32GB will sell for more as AppleCare doesn't increase resale value very much.

Getting a base model 16GB without AppleCare would get you the most return on your investment when it comes to reselling though. You'll lose the least amount compared to what you originally paid for it.