From an i4 user, the i5 looks ultra FAST

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kick2head, Sep 12, 2012.

1. kick2head macrumors newbie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynBpKpjq5Oo

I never used the 4S so I'm not sure exactly how fast it is, but the speed of the i5 has blown me away.

The camera in particular can take about 10 pictures in the same time my i4 can take 1.

Switching pages, app load time, etc. Everything is so much faster. It makes my i4 seem ancient already.

2. iEnvy macrumors 65816

iEnvy

It'll be a good upgrade for us spec wise. Plus the i4 gets no love from iOS 6 so its a smart move to go with i5...

3. kick2head thread starter macrumors newbie

Yep.

iOS 6 is bringing a ton of new features I want to use.

4. SR71 macrumors 68000

Completely agree, OP. Pre-ordering the 32GB black iPhone 5 on Friday at 3AM. :)

5. Cnercessian macrumors newbie

Sure this ahas been answered but i tried looking, Is this the actual time? So its PST 12 am and EST 3am i guess that makes sense

6. kick2head thread starter macrumors newbie

I guess a lot of 4S users are upset, but us i4 users are ready for an upgrade.

Its their own fault for not being patient enough for the i5

7. AAPLinc macrumors 65816

The 4S was my first iPhone. The 5 will be a huge upgrade for 4 users, but not so much for 4S users. Of course the LTE is an upgrade for anyone, but the 4S is very fast. Based on that video, the 5 is obviously quicker than the 4S at opening apps, etc (Apple quotes it being 2X as fast), but the 4S is fast enough that the speed increase isn't that obvious (at least to me)
    But like I said, if you currently own a 4, the speed increase is pretty major.

I can't wait to find 4S vs 5 videos on YouTube. There will be great side by side speed tests. We all know the 5 will win, but I don't think the 4S will be too far behind.

8. SR71 macrumors 68000

That's what has been going around. Sprint is starting their pre-orders for the iPhone 5 at 12:01am Friday morning. I'm assuming all of the other carriers will follow suit, along with Apple doing the same with their website.

They don't even reason to be upset in the first place. My sister and mom both have 4S's and they are CRAZY fast compared to my iPhone 4. My iPhone 4 lags, apps crash when I'm low on memory, picture taking is slow, switching apps takes ~3-5 seconds, animations are jittery and laggy and sometimes freeze mid-animation (ex. pulling down notification center), etc., etc. I could go on and on. Meanwhile, my sisters 4S never slows down, never lags, never seems to have an hiccups.

The fact that the iPhone 5 is noticeably faster than the 4S to the point where everything loads instantly is going to be HUGE for us people who are still using iPhone 4's. The camera has literally no lag. It's incredible. I honestly cannot wait to get mine into my hands. 1 week, 1 day. :apple: