from black iphone 4 to samsung infuse 4g and back to white iphone 4 in less than week

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Trey1984, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Trey1984 macrumors regular

so my wife decided she wanted a samsung infuse 4g...alright what ever..get her the phone and i mess around with it and seems like its pretty cool..next day i get one also..this was on a sunday, work week rolls around and through the entire week it did nothing but lag, crash, freeze..hated the keyboard, the android market,i honestly can't think of one thing that i enjoyed about the phone besides the big screen..so today i went back to att and got my new white iphone..happy again..thought i would share my store of why i will always now be a loyal apple customer

2. Yumunum macrumors 65816

Yumunum

A lot like my experiences with the Samsung Captivate (Galaxy S), Inspire 4G, and Nexus One.

My iPhone 4 is my new buddy. I ain't going back to Android any time soon

3. cal6n macrumors 68000

cal6n

Yup!

Ditto that with an Orange San francisco and a Motorola Defy. Android can't hold a candle to iOS.

4. tianh macrumors regular

yep I hated android. Sure people say android is like a computer, which is true. But who wants their phone to be like a computer, I have my REAL gaming computer for that. I like the experience my ios iphone 4 gives me :)

5. ratzzo macrumors 6502a

ratzzo

You probably had a bad batch, I tried one at a local store and it's really good. It makes my iPhone 4 screen look small as a pea! As much as I'd like the iPhone screen to stretch 0.5" more to 4.0", I think 4.5" is way too big. It's good to have options though, I'm sure many people will enjoy a super AMOLED 4.5" screen :cool:

6. Flight2345 macrumors newbie

Flight2345

I have been an iPhone user from the days of first iPhone but few months ago when I got Verizon due to constant dropped calls. At that point iPhone wasn't available on Verizon so I have had droid 1, droid 2 global, droid x, droid incredible, droid charge and finally back to the iPhone.

To be honest I am a Mac guy and I hated the fact I couldn't sync my @Mac email folders (properly), cal, & contacts. I'd rather plug my phone into the Mac and let it sync everything while I do other things rather than dragging and dropping everything.

So yea the only feature I do miss about the android is the GPS, Navigon is no way close to google's GPS.

7. imac9556 macrumors 6502a

I can share a similar experience:
    Had the iPhone 4 and I wanted something different. I decided to sell it on craigslist and get a HTC Inspire 4G for $250.
    I used the phone for about 2 weeks...Love the huge screen and the customizations that you can do on the phone.
    However, the android OS seems so "unrefined"...laggy sometimes for no reason, have to reboot the device daily, push notifications do not work well, terrible battery life, sometimes a setting option doesn't work, Apps crashing all the time...it was hell.

I finally traded with someone for their iPhone 4 online and I am glad I switched back!

8. maclaptop macrumors 65816

maclaptop

Very enlightening.

9. Trey1984 thread starter macrumors regular

bad batch? well that makes me want my iphone 4 even more...i wouldn't want to buy a product to where i would either get a good batch or bad..besides the screen size was the only thing i did like..and by the screen i'm not talking about the resolution..that just sucks compared to the iphone 4

10. Certinfy macrumors 6502a

Certinfy

When I've held my friend's SGS2 like I would normally I've hardly been able to make out the pixels that much, I really don't hold the phone close to me but still...

11. pyro008 macrumors 6502

It sounds like you decided that Apple was better before even trying Android. I don't see a single piece of objective or useful information in the OP.

12. kalex macrumors 65816

Very interesting but I have none of these issues on my NS4G

13. AndrewR23, Jun 18, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2011

AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

Like the 4 doesn't have a bad batch? 900/1000 replacements are bad batches with yellow screens.

Every phone has a bad batch. Just look at alllll the threads in here with iPhone problems.

14. Trey1984 thread starter macrumors regular

true...i guess i just bleed apple

15. maflynn, Jun 18, 2011

maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I found that it took a couple of weeks before I got used to how android did things and by then I saw how it exceeded iOS in a number of ways. What iOS does have is a better keyboard. I think apple nailed the design and interaction. I've used a Nexus One and a Droid X and both had keyboards that were a tad harder to type on.

iOs has a number features that it does better then Android, conversely Android does some other tasks better then the iPhone. The bottom line is you get the phone that best meets your needs, but also give it time to get used to it. Android is a bit more complex but with the complexity, you get more flexibility and once you get used to the system, you'll see that.

16. Rodimus Prime, Jun 18, 2011

Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

with a name like 1984 does not help your case much. Your thread right off the bat I saw that you did not even bother really learning and just though it was going to suck right off the bat.
    If you think something is going to suck before even trying it guess what it is going to suck and you will find a reason on why it is going to suck.

Now if you think it is going to be great well you will be much more forgiving about it but does not mean that you will end up that way.
    Yep that is the way it look like to me. It look like a classic Android sucks, iPhone rules crap.
    I have to agree the stock Android keyboards and ones provide are not as nice as Apples.
    Now I like Swype a lot more than Apple keyboard but even now I do not find myself using that. I pretty much use Swiftkey X as my primary keyboard and I find that is a hell of a lot better than Apple's keyboard as it gives you choices and it is a lot easier to over ride the auto correct.

17. 62tele macrumors 6502a

[Rodimus Prime
    "Yep that is the way it look like to me. It look like a classic Android sucks, iPhone rules crap."]

Yeah, because we don't have enough "android rules, iPhone drools" posts from the fandroid hordes who seem to think this is an Android forum.

It's a personal choice and that's all there is to it. It seems like a lot of wadded panties over a ***** phone.

I actually think it's a lot like the Verizon commercial where the geeky adolescent with a Big Gulp interogates the Verizon rep about the Android tablets.

18. swiftbmx macrumors regular

Well I made the switch not only from carriers but also OS's by going from AT&T iPhone 4 to Verizon Thunderbolt. Gave it exactly 1 month but had to throw in the towel and stuck with Verizon but got an iPhone. Many cons to Android, it's a mess, inconsistent, and the Market is no where as clean as the App Store. Navigon was the only decent navigation app and the maps were super low resolution. Creating folders were a pain, hard to sync, music was a chore to manage, somehow my voicemails were in my music folder as well. Only pros were ability to customize but honestly, giving someone this much power can sometimes be bad. Just hope iPhone gets LTE in a battery sufficient manner soon because the speeds are ridiculous fast.

19. imac9556 macrumors 6502a

Yeah that is weird, but understandable. Is your phone a HTC Inspire 4G too? I am not sure what was going on but I was thinking all the OEM customizations by HTC was conflicting with some of the apps or the android operating system. I believe you where you said there are no issues with your google phone because it seems that every google phone model has its own issues or benefits over the other.

20. Trey1984 thread starter macrumors regular

you really sound like a tool..do you get out much? just asking

21. Trey1984 thread starter macrumors regular

pretty much

22. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 604

I actually like Android, but like iOS better. Had the 3GS first, then gave the EVO a shot, then went to an iP4. The EVO was a very nice phone, but batt life just killed it for me. Regardless, I always planned on coming back to iOS anyways. If it had good batt life, I would have stay with the EVO until iP5 is announced.

23. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

this coming from the person who just goes out and bashes an Android phone in the first post. That is rich.

I do get out quite a bit and it is safe to say I am much more into tech than you are as tech is a huge intersted of mine and I have played with all the OS and given then a fair shack.

iOS is great for iPod but for me I would hate it for a phone. Plan and simple. It has quite a few things it sucks at but you come out with a bashing with no understanding.

Multiple ones of us have called you out on it and the post that you bolded personal choice.
    You were the one who had to come justify it. You might want to unbunch your panties as we called you on it.

24. Trey1984 thread starter macrumors regular

bashing android? i messed around with it for a week..i never knew i had to hold onto it longer before i can make up my own mind..i guess i'll make a poll so you can help me out since you think i'm retarted and you're a genius of the board..i posted in MY thread to share MY experence..if you don't like it get bent..never asked for you to come in here to begin with.

android sucks..deal with it
    edit: o no..you're calling me out on the internet? o no

25. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

It's his phone. He doesn't have to be objective or provide useful information.