From IOS to Android: How to preserve your digital life and digital history?

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by gdourado, Oct 21, 2013.

1. gdourado macrumors 6502

gdourado

Hello,
    How are you?
    Due to the non resolve of the Gyro issue with the 5s, I am seriously thinking about leaving my iPhone 5 and go for an Android phone. Either an LG G2 or a Nexus 5.
    The thing is that I have had my iPhone for a year and have a lot of stuff there.
    Some of that stuff is important to me and I would like to preserve and keep on Android.

In search for help, I started a thread on XDA. This is it:

After some answers and me doing some research, I came to this:

In regard to this matter, can you also help me out here?
    Am I thinking straight on this and can it be done as I said on my second post?
    Did you have any similar experience? What were your results?

Thanks.
    Cheers!

2. IFRIT macrumors 6502a

Is it really worth leaing an eco system you're otherwise happy with because of something that will probably get fixed via software at sometimes?

3. gdourado thread starter macrumors 6502

gdourado

Hi.
    It is not just the Gyro issues.
    This weekend I was at a store and played for some time with a LG G2. That screen is just gorgeous! I placed my iPhone 5 side by side with the G2 and the screen makes such an incredible difference.

If I can keep the data that is important to me, I might give android another shot. The hardware on the "dark side" is appealing.

Cheers!

4. gdourado thread starter macrumors 6502

gdourado

Just a small update.
    Seems Real Racing 3 cloud saving feature is cross-platform.
    So RR3 is also checked off my list.

https://getsatisfaction.com/firemonkeys/topics/modify_save_data_does_not_exist_in_real_racing_3_settings_menu

Cheers!

5. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

The Samsung Switch app is very good if you are moving from an iOS device to a Samsung device. Not sure whether or not this works with any Android device but for Sammy stuff its free any and very painless.