From Obama's Own Campaign Hedquarters CNN

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Delta608, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Delta608 macrumors regular

Delta608

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

How lovely. Dem leaning organizations file bogus registrations whereas Rep. leaning ones throw legitimate voters off the rolls. There has got to be a better way.

3. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I missed the part where Obama was directly involved and told people to file illegal voter registrations. Could you point that part of the article out to me, please?

This is certainly bad, but for you to imply that Obama is directly involved is a bit of a stretch.

4. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

He? his followers?

A stretch? anybody doing fake voter registration needs to be prosecuted, period. But nice try blaming Obama himself for what some person did yeah?

5. yoppie macrumors 6502a

Let me grab my glasses. I totally missed the part about Obama's headquarters being involved.

6. Delta608 thread starter macrumors regular

Delta608

Brian Moller says ACORN has its own quality control, has fired workers in the past, including workers in Gary. Despite its past, the Obama campaign gave $800,000 to ACORN to help fund its primary registration drive, and ACORN has endorsed Barack Obama for president. The Obama campaign reacted this afternoon, saying, it is "committed to protecting the integrity of the voting process and said it has not worked with ACORN during the general election."

7. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

So you just basically said that ACORN is not covering anything up, that they were involved in the PRIMARIES and given $$ back then, that they are not being worked on for the general election. i.e. everything is kosher now.

Thanks for clarifying. Or did you not mean that? :eek:

8. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

haha someone registered as fast food restaurant Jimmy Johns :).

9. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

Their subs are great and they deserve to vote! :D

10. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

11. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I'm still missing your point and you didn't answer my question. Obama didn't tell anyone to register anybody illegally, nor has he dealt with them during the general. Your thread title is beyond grossly misleading.

12. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Move along, nothing to see here. :rolleyes: Delta608 doesn't have the guts to try and defend his positions. Just throws stuff out to hack people off, regardless of facts.

13. Delta608 thread starter macrumors regular

Delta608

Geez, I gotta work sometime....

It wouldn't much matter to this group, if Obama was photographed filling out the form himself with the name O.J. Simpson you guys would defend him...Thats why I like you guys, your a hooot....:D:D:D

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

14. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

That statement has what to do with your allegation ?. I mean .Get real. It's a worthless post.

No substance. No proof. Only fear mongering.

15. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Oh Jesus, forget this troll, people. He's in a world all his own.

16. olliebraves20 macrumors regular

I believe his headline has nothing to with the Obama's actual campaign being involved and much more to do with a jab at CNN. Since you don't get it let me spell it out to you.....What he is trying to say is that CNN is basically running Obama's campaign and that they should be considered his headquarters as they have helped him so much this entire election cycle, so he is simply conveying surprise and astonishment that CNN would publish anything that would hurt Obama or the Democrats in anyway (much like FoxNews does for McCain or any Rebublican).....Good work on figuring that one out....

17. Mike Teezie macrumors 68020

Mike Teezie

How has CNN helped Obama's campaign in any way, either in the primaries or the presidential election? :confused:

18. olliebraves20 macrumors regular

Are you to suggest that FoxNews and CNN don't hold a bias one way or another?? You must think that all news is neutral. Let me enlighten you to something, CNN is left leaning and FoxNews is right leaning. With this new found information I'm sure you can figure out the answer to your own question.

19. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

To say Fox News is "right leaning" is hilarious. They aren't right leaning. They ARE right wing nut jobs.

20. Mike Teezie macrumors 68020

Mike Teezie

Enlighten me? How arrogant.

Do you have any facts whatsoever to back up your claims? If not, how can you say CNN is left leaning? Your own perception?

21. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

When confronted with actual facts you run and hide pretty quickly. Case in point.

Throwing out a thread like this is meant to get us riled up, not to be a fact based argument about something you believe. Isn't that the definition of trolling?

22. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

So were McCain and his supporters trying to destroy everything he worked for when they tried to purge Democratic-leaning voters from the rolls in Montana recently?

Where were the headlines screaming "ZOMFG... MCCAIN CAMPAIGN HEADQUARTERS ILLEGALLY PURGING VOTERS".

Or is this just the desperation showing from a political crowd that has no record to run on and is out of ideas?

23. jplan2008 macrumors regular

This is not voter fraud, it's registration fraud. The worst fraud was by a few bad apples against ACORN and whoever paid ACORN to do the registration. If a false registration actually gets through the local and state registration officials, does anyone seriously think someone is going to go to vote with a counterfeit ID in the name of a fast food restaurant, or that local officials will permit the same person to vote multiple times, or whatever?

Voter registration groups are required by law to submit ALL registration forms they receive even if they think or know that the registration form is no good. That is to prevent a group from doing what is much worse -- only turning in registrations for one party and claiming they thought the others were fake.

In Nevada, ACORN tagged the forms they knew or believed were fraudulent and offered to help the officials prosecute the canvassers who submitted them. The Nevada officials then raided the ACORN office because they "had heard about" fraudulent registrations -- yes, they heard about them from ACORN themselves!

Why are there these attacks on ACORN?
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rep-jesse-jackson-jr/attacks-on-acorn-based-no_b_133657.html