From Series 1 to Series 3, now thinking about going back to series 1

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by rockitdog, Sep 26, 2017.

1. rockitdog macrumors 68020

I picked up my S3 (Non-LTE) from Apple on Saturday and have to say I've been underwhelmed thus far. I never felt my S1 was that slow to begin with but I don't really feel like my S3 is blazing fast or blows my S1 away. I'm not someone who swims a lot of does any sort of mountain climbing so the waterproofing and addition of the barometric altimeter isn't that much of a bonus for me. The difference in brightness is nice on the S3 but again not other worldly bright. What am I missing? The Series 2 at least had the nice ceramic back but now the S3 has the exact same back as my S1 also.

2. Xarthan macrumors regular

Xarthan

It's mostly speed for S1 to S3 Non-LTE that I've seen. I went from a S2 to S3 LTE and I've noticed the speed changes, things just happen snappier. If you're happy with your S1, I'd say go back to it and use the money for some new bands!

3. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I would say one other advantage with the Series 3, will be more Prone to future watchOS updates over the Series one. But otherwise, if you're not finding much use for the current capabilities, then Series 1 seems more applicable for your uses.

4. rockitdog thread starter macrumors 68020

I think the fact that they are still selling it gets me at least another couple of updates which I’m fine with for the price I paid for it ($175).