iPad From the look of apple.com you'd barely know the iPad came in anything but white

Discussion in 'iPad' started by rdowty, Oct 27, 2013.

1. rdowty macrumors 6502a

rdowty

I wonder what's going on there. It seems like it was more 50/50 before with both the colors getting relatively similar promotion.

2. ucfgrad11 macrumors member

maybe they're trying to go back to their roots with their post-2000's everything white.

3. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

The white products look a lot better with the new iOS, plus it looks better on Apple's primarily white webpage.

4. jamesjingyi macrumors 6502a

jamesjingyi

Almost the same thing when the new iPhone 5S was released.. Everything from press to most of the website highlighted the gold iPhone... I couldn't actually find many shots of the Space Grey one before I bought it....

They seem to have stocked up now though...

5. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

If you look at the iPad Mini page it's different .

Attached Files:

6. Vertigo1 macrumors regular

Oddly, I always preferred the black models of iPhone until the 5 arrived. I think the white 5 looked far far better than the black 5. With the 5S, the space grey looks better than the black but the white & gold models still look better.

It's as if white was a bit of an afterthought before the 5 but was properly considered when they redesigned the phone.

I still massively prefer the iPad in black though. Really dislike the white bezel and feel it distracts from the screen content.

7. Bokes macrumors 6502

Noticed this as well.
    Since so many other tablets are black Apple may feel the white is distinctly theirs. Good for product visibility as well.
    You see someone using a White tablet in public it screams Apple.