From Win7 to Osx, please recommend an app to "fade" background windows

Discussion in 'macOS' started by madsylar, Jun 7, 2010.

1. madsylar macrumors member

Hi.

I'm having dificulties adapting to OSX. On windows, when you open Photoshop or Dreamweaver or any other application, ou can focus on that application only. On Mac, if you have the browser opened you can see it while in photoshop.

I do web design and I never know whether i'm looking a print screen or the actual site.

Can anyone recommend an app that "fades" the background so I can visually focus on the program being used?

I tried Think, it works fine but with only one app at a time... and I that to happen with all apps, as this is annoying for any software.

Thanks!

2. AzaraT macrumors newbie

press the applications name in the menu bar and press hide others? or option +command + h

3. madsylar thread starter macrumors member

thanks

It helps but i's not quite what I want. I switch between apps using alt tab and I have to do this every time i switch apps, which is annoying of course.

Any way not to make those apps "transparent" ? I mean, if you open photoshop you can see everything behind...

Thanks

4. zymeth macrumors newbie

zymeth

dedicate 1 space just for photoshop or something. and use the other spaces for other stuff.

5. Baycon macrumors member

Press "F" once to go to "Full screen w/ tool bar". Pressing it once more will bring you to "Full screen w/o tool bar". One more time to get back to "normal".

(That's a Photoshop shortcut, btw)