Frustrated...

WoodrowCall

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 20, 2010
Memphis, TN
Man, this phone had better be worth it...I've been one of the poor idiots trying the in-store reservation system for the past week, to no avail. Then, wonder of all wonders, a friend of mine's boss is selling an extra iPhone 5 at cost, so off-contract $200! Needless to say, I bought it immediately. I took it home, peeled of the plastic...and 24 hours later I still can't get the effing thing to activate. I've been in the Verizon store, on the phone with Verizon, and on the phone with apple support 5 or 6 times. Right now, I'm waiting for Kim (a senior level support guy) to call back after looking at the problem with some engineers.

Good lord, I really hope it's worth all this effort...:confused:

famous600

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2010
Man, this phone had better be worth it...I've been one of the poor idiots trying the in-store reservation system for the past week, to no avail. Then, wonder of all wonders, a friend of mine's boss is selling an extra iPhone 5 at cost, so off-contract $200! Needless to say, I bought it immediately. I took it home, peeled of the plastic...and 24 hours later I still can't get the effing thing to activate. I've been in the Verizon store, on the phone with Verizon, and on the phone with apple support 5 or 6 times. Right now, I'm waiting for Kim (a senior level support guy) to call back after looking at the problem with some engineers.

It's not. You got a dud. I'll buy it from you for parts for $250 shipped :eek:

BFizzzle

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2010
Austin TX

go to the apple store if ones near by. They will give you another sim .. then you can activate instantly :) be sure and set an appointment tell them you cant activate it. Just ask for a sim . they will get you one.

i had the same issue.

great deal! $200

WoodrowCall

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 20, 2010
Memphis, TN
and it's working! Time to try this beast out. I just tested my LTE speeds and got 15 down, 2.5 up...that's insane.:D

WoodrowCall

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 20, 2010
Memphis, TN
What did the activation problem turn out to be?
I'm not sure yet, I haven't gotten a call back from tech support; I just tried the update, and this time it went through.
As for the boss, I guess he just wasn't looking for a lot of profit; he just sold it for what it cost him. Lucky me, is all I can say. :rolleyes:

boomhower

macrumors 68000
Oct 21, 2011
I'm not sure yet, I haven't gotten a call back from tech support; I just tried the update, and this time it went through.
As for the boss, I guess he just wasn't looking for a lot of profit; he just sold it for what it cost him. Lucky me, is all I can say. :rolleyes:
Thing is it didn't cost him $200 and the sad thing is he doesn't realize that. It cost him a two year contract. He was an idiot for just not returning it to get rid of it. Or sell it for his true cost of $550 to pay for the phone and ETF.