Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

benpatient

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 4, 2003
So yesterday I was working on some stuff, and I was sent a .sea self-extracting stuff-it archive from a client.

To my surprise, this file was not associated with stuff-it expander for some reason...no problem, right? I just click on "browse" and select stuff-it and click "always use this application" and hit "OK" and...

oh crap.

i hit "system profiler" instead of "stuff-it expander"

system profiler has opened, and it sitting there, dumbly, wondering why i sent it a .sea file.

so i close system profiler and right-click the .sea file and try to "open with" another app...at this point, "system profiler" is the default.

so i browse again and this time make sure that i hit stuff-it in the list, and then hit "always use this app" and "ok".

and the file opens.

but then i get another .sea file today.

and it opens by default in "system profiler." So i try and re-set that again to stuff-it.

it doesn't work.

no matter what i do, "system profiler (default)" stays on my contextual menu...

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
Get Info on the .sea file.

Open the Open With: section and select Stuffit, then click Change All... and confirm it.

Actually, it should show up as an application, but since it doesn't, do that to handle it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.