Fry's: Pentalopes Galore

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mrbobb, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Mrbobb macrumors 601

So recently I walk into my local Fry's Electronics and noticed there is a whole isle of repair kits for cell phones!

WTF I though, everybody is repairing their own phones these days? Not in this forum I don't think, judging that many people here seems to automatically assume once their iPhone's battery is depleted, it's time for a new phone.

Walk into Fry's and one would think everybody keep their phones forever and buy cases from the Far East to customize. Wonder how many of those kits they sell. So much for Apple making their phones hard to open.

2. Beezy253 macrumors 6502

In the past, I never bought Apple Care+, so as long as I am no longer under warranty, I repair my own Apple devices. (rather than pay Apple for an OOW replacement)

So far, i've replaced 6 batteries, and replaced 2 home buttons... iFixit.com/Youtube FTW.

This year, I started to buy Apple Care/+ for everything.. I noticed if something is going to "break", it'll happen in the first 13 months. lol

3. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Fry's is a business, just like any other. They probably just got a shipment in. Doesn't mean anything. That's like going down the aisle to the registers at Fry's and thinking that the store only caters to impulse buy crap shoppers. Fry's serves DIYers, the tech-ignorant and everyone else in-between.

Not arguing, just my opinion.