FS: 20" iMac 2.4 Ghz and 500GB OWC HD

Discussion in 'Marketplace Archive 2' started by Chad H, Jun 23, 2008.

1. Chad H macrumors 6502a

Chad H

Hey guys,
    After getting my MBP and 23" ACD, I don't have a need for this iMac. So, I am selling it and my OWC external 500GB HD. Below are the specs on my iMac. It is a refurb but its in MINT condition. It doesn't come with the original box but all manuals. Now, for some reason the OSX cd's they sent won't load. I have no idea. So, I will wipe all of my information off and give it to you with OSX installed and working, the cd's just wont allow it be re-installed. I can't help you there. Which is one reason why I am selling it at such a low price. But it works perfectly. I mainly used it for i-Tunes, internet browsing, and burning DVD's. Anyway, below are specs and prices on it and the external HD. All prices include shipping. I only accept paypal. I have sold many computers on here and feel I have a good reputation. I also have 110+ feedback on ebay. My user name is rchammon.

Model Refurbished 20-inch iMac**SOLD**
    Processor 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    L2 Cache 6MB Shared
    System bus 1066MHz
    Memory 2GB
    Hard drive 250GB Serial ATA; 7200 rpm
    Optical drive Slot-loading 8x SuperDrive with 4x double-layer burning (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
    Display 20-inch (viewable) glossy widescreen TFT active-matrix LCD, 1680 by 1050 pixels, millions of colors
    Video Built-in iSight; mini-DVI output port with support for DVI, VGA, S-video, and composite video connections via adapter
    Graphics ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT with 128MB of GDDR3 memory
    FireWire One FireWire 400 and one FireWire 800 port; 7 watts each
    USB Three USB 2.0 ports on computer; two USB 2.0 ports on keyboard
    Audio Built-in stereo speakers with 24-watt digital amplifier, built-in microphone, optical digital audio output/headphone out, optical digital audio input/audio line in
    Ethernet Built-in 10/100/1000BASE-T (Gigabit)
    Wireless Built-in AirPort Extreme (802.11n); built-in Bluetooth 2.1+EDR (Enhanced Data Rate)
    Hardware accessories Apple Remote, Apple Keyboard, and Mighty Mouse
    Other Built-in IR receiver
    Size and weight
    Height: 18.5 inches (46.9 cm)
    Width: 19.1 inches (48.5 cm)
    Depth: 8.1 inches (20.7 cm)
    Weight: 25.4 pounds (11.5 kg)

Price: $650 shipped**SOLD**

OWC Mercury Pro Elite external HD 500GB firewire 400/800

Price: $100 shipped

Thanks,
    Chad

Also, below is my e-mail. Just e-mail me or send me a PM. Due to meetings this week, I will respond e-mails alot faster during the day.

rchups@mac.com

**Everything is sold**

2. shu82 macrumors 6502a

shu82

I live in Huntsville, so we could avoid shipping. I could meet you this weekend and pay in cash. Very interested, just shoot me a PM about what is good for you.

3. jmack549 macrumors 6502

Hey, I live in Auburn and am interested. Do you go to school here?

4. Clipse79 macrumors regular

5. Chad H thread starter macrumors 6502a

Chad H

No, I own and run The UPS Store. I have replied to most of the e-mails. Didn't realize it would generate this much interest. I have no pictures but its in mint condition. Its is the late '07 model and is aluminum.

6. hellfire88 macrumors 6502

Like I said in the first PM/email I sent you, and my reply being the first in this thread, I'm ready to buy. Just need your paypal address. Please consider the iMac sold, thanks :)

7. Bobjob186 macrumors 6502a

Bobjob186

If we're going with who sent a message first, I emailed him at about midnight PST last night...so I guess we can't consider it sold just yet

8. rw3 macrumors 6502a

rw3

Have you sold it yet? If not, I'm highly interested. Any pics?

9. Chad H thread starter macrumors 6502a

Chad H

iMac has been sold. The external HD is still for sale.

10. hellfire88 macrumors 6502

Aww shucks, Imac is sold? Oh well. Good luck with your sale on the 500GB external HDD, looks nice.

11. techlover828 macrumors 68020

techlover828

12. Chimpy macrumors 6502

Payment sent via Paypal, awaiting shipping info.

13. Chimpy macrumors 6502

Looking for some help.

I sent Chad payment for the iMac 9 days ago. He claims that he owns a UPS store. He claimed that he was super busy and that's why the item didn't ship.

Two days ago (7 days after payment) he sent me a tracking number. The UPS tracking site said it didn't exist. I emailed him demanding answers and he claimed he'd get back to me today. It's 11:30pm and still no word from him, and the UPS tracking site still says that the tracking number he supplied is invalid.

Has anyone had any dealings, good or bad, with Chad?

14. 4JNA macrumors 68000

4JNA

no transactions, but entered 'ups store auburn, al' into google and got:

the ups store
    1550 Opelika Rd Ste 6
    Auburn, AL 36830
    (334) 466-0555

hope it all works out! best of luck.

15. Chad H thread starter macrumors 6502a

Chad H

Wow, you go out of town for awhile, come back to a hella busy store and now I have to deal with this? Your iMac shipped Ron. I am not going to tolerate allegations. Just look up my feedback on this site and ebay "rchammon". Yes, that is my store. Call the damn number and I will answer. I contacted UPS and their was a mishap at the hub. So I had to ride out their last night and repatch the label. Along with that and my store, I have had a super hard time keeping up with everything. But, I will stop and defend myself when I notice my integrity is being questioned. As for the HD it is on its way also. But, Ron, your iMac is on its way.

Good Bye.

16. techlover828 macrumors 68020

techlover828

sorry, so my hd has shipped, or you're going to ship it?

17. Chad H thread starter macrumors 6502a

Chad H

No, like I said it has shipped. I will get the tracking number. I am away from my store at the moment. But rest assured I will get it to you.

18. techlover828 macrumors 68020

techlover828

great, thanks, I look forward to getting it.

19. ironic23 macrumors 6502

I've had a transaction with Chad and i just wanted to say that he shipped it very promptly and everything was great from communication to the way the item was packed. Hope everything works out well. Cheers.

20. Chimpy macrumors 6502

Chad,

You have no right to get huffy at any "allegations" that I may have made.

You sold me an item and I paid you promptly, about 10 minutes after you notified me it was mine.

You didn't ship for over a week, despite owning a UPS store, and then sent me a bogus UPS tracking number.

You STILL have not sent me a valid tracking number, and this is now almost two weeks in. All I have is your word that it has shipped. After contacting another person you sold an item to and finding that they were waiting as well, naturally I was nervous.

I understand being busy. There is NO REASON for me not to have a tracking number within 11 days, unless it was a major emergency, however. None. I understand being busy, but being so busy that you can't mail a package at your own store?

If you had gotten on the forum and said "Ron, I'm sorry, I've been super busy and I made a few mistakes, I'm correcting them" that would have been fine. But to try and take the "How dare you question me?" route is ridiculous. You messed up. Period.

Can I PLEASE have a valid tracking number to show that my computer has shipped? It's been 11 days.

Once this is all cleared up I will happily post and let everyone know that the deal went through.

21. Chimpy macrumors 6502

My iMac arrived today. It seems to be in the condition described (to be honest, haven't hooked it up yet, but it looks good) and was well-packed.

It was shipped on the 2nd, which doesn't gibe with our email exchanges, but perhaps that was because of the shipping mishap that Chad said occurred, so I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on that.

While the deal didn't go exactly smoothly, I suspect it was more because Chad got very busy and didn't follow-up on things rather than any attempt to deceive me.

In the end everything has been resolved and I would recommend Chad as a MR Marketplace seller.

22. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

Chimpy, if he had to go and relabel the package, then the tracking no. he supplied you wouldnt have been registered, so he didnt send you a bogus number, just one that UPS cocked up on.

Glad you got your iMac though, KILLER DEAL! :apple:

23. techlover828 macrumors 68020

techlover828