FS: 3G 15 GB iPod, iTrip, iTalk $130 shipped

Status
Not open for further replies.

turbox777

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 22, 2004
This is going to be gone super quick, hence I need money at the moment and this is something I never use since I listen to my car stereo and no time to listen to iPod at work. You can use this for extra storage for files, whatever you want.

I have a good condition 3rd generation (3G) iPod 15 Gb with original box, paperwork, supplies, I will also throw in some extra goodies that I bought to use, such as the Griffin iTrip and the iTalk which records meetings, lectures, your own thoughts, ...

I am looking for $130 shipped, PayPal would be a great way to be paid, in any case, e-mail for inquiries. I will respond in 12 hours or less.

Stephen Kim
stephenkim@blessedintl.org

wnameth

macrumors 65816
Nov 18, 2004
Canada
Hello, i received the ipod today, it was in horrible condition, the screen is sooooooooo scratched up. also there was no italk, and the itrip is heavily scratched. Nor is there any ear-buds. I definitely deserve some money back. My dad was really looking forward to the italk, and it is in horrible condition. Also shipping took three days longer than you said was guaranteed.

please explain why you left out items and why the ones that were there were in bad condition.

MODS PLEASE TAKE ACTION OR I WILL TROUGH PAYPAL.

THIS SELLER DID NOT SELL EVERYTHING HE LISTED!!!

Muskyto3

macrumors regular
Dec 20, 2004
Cali
hey wanameth if ur not happy with it and u dont want to keep it i would love to buy it from u as scratchs are not a big deal to me. Just a thought let me knoe i want an ipod!

JMT529

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2004
SoCal
I dont know what you want the mods to do. Ban the guy? As for PayPal, they won't do anything for you either. My suggestion is to just re-sell it if you are unhappy with it. You should have asked for pictures before paying so fast.

rickvanr

macrumors 68040
Apr 10, 2002
Brockville
through the resolution center, paypal should be able to do something if it's not what he bought/ was expecting. atleast get some compensation.

umgolfer

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2004
MI
Not to be a dick or anything, but look what you paid for the iPod. You paid $130 for a 15GB iPod that was in good condition (as stated in the original post). You cannot even get a 1GB shuffle for that much. I sold my 3G 20GB, for $250 about a month ago, and I have seen other MR members get similar amounts for their iPods.

Now if it didn't come with the iTalk, which it was supposed to come with, then that is certainly something that needs to be addressed. If you cannot work something out with the seller, then definetly talk to PayPal as they are usually excellent at solving the problem. I had a similar problem with a purchase on Ebay and they refunded me my money immediately. Paypal will require you to first attempt to solve the problem with the seller. Anyways good luck and hopefully it can be solved.

BTW, the seller does post a lot here on MR and has sold a large amount of items, and I don't recall there being any problems before. Has anyone else bought from the seller and had problems?

mxpiazza

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2003
cleveland, oh
i'd contact paypal, they've helped me out a few times. misrepresenting the condition of an item and/or not including one of the accessories is a form of fraud. link to this thread in your report. if nothing else, they will light a fire under his rear for you... threats from PayPal are much more helpful than threats from board members or mods, at least in my experience.

i'd PM DoctorQ and/or arn if you dont get it resolved soon and let them know whats up.

umgolfer

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2004
MI
mxpiazza said:
...threats from PayPal are much more helpful than threats from board members or mods, at least in my experience.
It's always amazing how fast I've had problems resolved when you go that way. Good luck.

nesuser2

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2004
NW Ohio
wnameth said:
I will contact paypal by friday if I do not hear anything from the mods or the seller!
Paypal won't do anything. It seems that you aren't the only person that could shoulders people when they should be reimbursing somebody. Somehow I knew the tables would turn but this is a much worse situation.

At any rate, I've got a buddy selling his 10gb for $175 if you decide to turn this one off to ebay and get your money back. My friends isn't mint but I'm not sure what you're expecting for a used item.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Moderator note: This thread just came to our attention. We'll talk to the affected parties by Private Message.

turbox777

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 22, 2004
I sent everything as stated. Heavily scratched condition or not, it is used, the buttons are working, you can read through the screen, it is a used ipod nevertheless. There are no punctures or anything that would make the iPod unuseable. You paid me before you even asked about the condition and why it was so cheap

I did not state that it was in "new" condition.

I did not state that earphones were a part of this package. I did forget to include the iTalk which I will ship out. this is my fault

edit

and don't "threaten" me online like a cyber thug. paypal won't do anything because I shipped out what I stated.

rickvanr

macrumors 68040
Apr 10, 2002
Brockville
turbox777 said:
I have a good condition 3rd generation (3G) iPod 15 Gb with original box, paperwork, supplies
not to nitpick, but this does insinuate you would include the earbuds.

Also, I also have to blame the buyer a bit for not asking for pictures, or perhaps asking some more questions, and if this was done behind the scenes, I apologize to the buyer.

turbox777

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 22, 2004
The buyer did not ask for picture before he paid, he even wanted me to ship it out before the funds had cleared which smelled like fraud!

The iPod deal is a done deal. Everything was a reasonable price. The iTrip and iTalk alone are worth about $70 new and because they are used, less of course. I priced it all together with shipping to Canada, $130 is a very reasonable price, if not, a bargain of a price.

If someone is extremely anal and upset, i can include the earbuds when I ship out the iTalk.

umgolfer

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2004
MI
If the seller is going to send the iTalk, and it was clearly a mistake, then I am not sure why this is such a big deal and everyone is getting on him. The seller has sold like 40 things here, and I don't think any of the people have complained at all about the price or condition of their items. Remember that you get what you pay for, and $130 is more than reasonable for any 3G iPod that works. The fact that he was including the accessories, is a huge bonus and makes this a great deal.

Also people trying to claim "supplies" is going to include everything possibly available for an iPod is pretty lame. If the seller does not state that is comes with it specifically, then I don't see why the seller would have to include it (assuming that the seller is not intentionally trying to decieve the buyer). BTW, if you shipped the item, before payment cleared, you are far more brave then I. I hope that you are able to get this resolved.

rickvanr

macrumors 68040
Apr 10, 2002
Brockville
umgolfer said:
Also people trying to claim "supplies" is going to include everything possibly available for an iPod is pretty lame.
I was clearly stating it insinuates that the ear-buds where coming with the iPod. Either way, the buyer should have asked more questions prior to buying, and the seller's description was misleading at best according to the buyer. I'm not taking sides, just trying to put the point across to use caution when purchasing online.

kingcrowing

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2004
Burlington, VT
dude, don't complain, theres nothing you can do, if you REALLY wanted it, you woulda bought a new one, and hes right it does work, for $130, DON'T COMPLAIN, it's a steal, $200 woulda been decent

Chrispy

macrumors 68020
Dec 27, 2004
Indiana
I say be happy that you got so much for such a low price. The seller clearly made a mistake by not sending out the iTalk but he said he is going to send it. Paypal will not do anything for you even if he didn't send out the iTalk. As long as the seller can prove he shipped the items to the address of the buyer then nothing can really be done. I know it is frustrating but for the price you could not have expected much more...

Status
Not open for further replies.