FS Brand new Powerbook 15" high res model Bonus FREE apple bluetooth mouse!

DavidCL23

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 14, 2001
NJ
RELISTED HERE --->http://cgi.ebay.com/Apple-Powerbook-15-1-67Ghz-Brand-New-1-5gb-BONUS_W0QQitemZ5861548497

Bid Bid Bid! lol

Both the laptop plus mouse are brand new, with a full warranty. I am looking for $1575 + shipping.
Call me at 732-991-1467

The laptop has all the standard specs, listed below:

1.67GHz PowerPC G4 processor

512MB memory (DDR2 PC2-4200 SDRAM at 333MHz)

80GB 5400rpm hard drive

Slot-load 8x SuperDrive (DVD+R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)

ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 graphics card with 128MB DDR memory

Full-size, backlit keyboard

Gigabit Ethernet

USB 2.0 and FireWire 400 & 800

Actual pictures listed below:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

skoker

macrumors 68000
Aug 6, 2005
DavidCL23 said:
You might want to blur the serial number out, people can do bad things with those like registering it to themselves and preventing you from using your warranty.

ReanimationLP

macrumors 68030
Jan 8, 2005
On the moon.
skoker said:
You might want to blur the serial number out, people can do bad things with those like registering it to themselves and preventing you from using your warranty.
How would that work exactly? Why the hell would they even bother? I mean, come on, the serial numbers both on the bottom of case and integrated into the machines firmware. Its not like someone else can exactly use his warranty when they look at the serial numbers inside of the firmware and on the case and they dont match up.

DavidCL23

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 14, 2001
NJ
skoker said:
Thanks for the warning, but I would like to leave the serial number visable so a buyer and call apple and verify the warranty period etc.

skoker

macrumors 68000
Aug 6, 2005
ReanimationLP said:
How would that work exactly? Why the hell would they even bother? I mean, come on, the serial numbers both on the bottom of case and integrated into the machines firmware. Its not like someone else can exactly use his warranty when they look at the serial numbers inside of the firmware and on the case and they dont match up.
Easy. Go to register.apple.com or whatever it is, type in the serial number, your name, yadayada, and the PB is registered to you. Now say something becomes defective with the PB and you take it to the Apple Store, they see that the machine doesn't belong to you, and they won't fix it w/o the 'owners' consent.

I say this because I took a machine in for a friend to be fixed once and they wouldn't let me get it repaired.

DavidCL23

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 14, 2001
NJ
skoker said:
Easy. Go to register.apple.com or whatever it is, type in the serial number, your name, yadayada, and the PB is registered to you. Now say something becomes defective with the PB and you take it to the Apple Store, they see that the machine doesn't belong to you, and they won't fix it w/o the 'owners' consent.

I say this because I took a machine in for a friend to be fixed once and they wouldn't let me get it repaired.
If that extreme situation were to happen, I have a contact within apple that could hopefully clear up the situation.

Anyways, back to buisness. I have a crucial 1gb dimm pc2-4200 + Warcraft II BNE I can add in for an extra $80. I need the cash, and I would like to sell this unit today. I can probably ship this unit today if I am paid before 5pm.

MRU

Suspended
Aug 23, 2005
Other
That's a bargain :eek:

I've dealt with David before and can verify he's a great trader...

Good luck with the sale :)

DavidCL23

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 14, 2001
NJ
pumbaa said:
are there line issues with the screen?
The laptops is still in a sealed box, I would rather not open it to check. If you are very sereous about purchasing the machine, and the possibility of a screen issue is the only thing holding you back, at your request I will open the box and inspect the screen for lines.

dr427

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2005
Oklahoma City
Man, this is what I have been looking for, but it is about 1-2 weeks too soon for me. :(

I bet you would sell it pretty quick on ebay with a "Buy it now" price.

mrgreen4242

macrumors 601
Feb 10, 2004
DavidCL23 said:
The laptops is still in a sealed box, I would rather not open it to check. If you are very sereous about purchasing the machine, and the possibility of a screen issue is the only thing holding you back, at your request I will open the box and inspect the screen for lines.
I can't afford this computer, but I just thought I would chime in say that opening it for someone is only a losing proposition for you. Either they want to buy it, but only if you open it and check it then either:

1) you open it, and it's fine and they
a) they buy it or
b) they back out for whatever reason

2) it's got screen issues and they back out, now you have an opened box, with known issues, therby lowering both it's value and the speed at which you will be able to move it.

At the price you are asking you should be able sell it unopened no problem. Opening it seems like a no win for you.

Better to let Apple deal with any warranty issues on the machine should there be any problems. Just my opinion, but I wish you luck!

QCassidy352

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
I second ebay as a plan.

I would love to buy it, but I don't want one that has the line issue (or do all of them? I was never quite clear on that...). However, I also agree with the others - it's not fair to ask you to open it and check, and then back out if it does have lines.

Bob_Barker

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2004
Gainesville, FL
Sorry to chime in on a tangent issue, but the warranty is fully transferable, so it wouldn't matter that some weirdo registered the computer to themselves. The likely reason the Apple Store didn't help you is because it sounds like you weren't claiming to be the owner. I've owned second hand machines and have had no trouble calling AppleCare or making claims, even when they are registered to the original owner.

Good luck in your sale. This is a great machine. I own the one just before it and I've craved the higher resolution since it debuted.

DavidCL23

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 14, 2001
NJ
JasonReid said:
Also, on the line issues. You can just send it to apple to have it fixed right?
Even better, you can just drop off the powerbook at a local apple store if it has the line issue. As for why I am selling the laptop, if you look at my old for sale posts you will see I sold a new powerbook 17" for basically every generation right before a new model gets realeased (or soon after). My relative gets to keep one personal machine from his dealer if he orders for his company the "old stock". This time around my relative was able to get many machines at a steep discount (so far one powerbook 17" which I ended up selling locally, and two of these 15" pb's + bluetooth mouse combos).

Bob_Barker said:
Sorry to chime in on a tangent issue, but the warranty is fully transferable, so it wouldn't matter that some weirdo registered the computer to themselves. The likely reason the Apple Store didn't help you is because it sounds like you weren't claiming to be the owner. I've owned second hand machines and have had no trouble calling AppleCare or making claims, even when they are registered to the original owner.

Good luck in your sale. This is a great machine. I own the one just before it and I've craved the higher resolution since it debuted.
Thank you for the post, I thought it was weird that apple would care about transfering a warranty (even though this was never registered, and I find it highly unlikely someone will read off the serial number in the picture and try to register the machine).

DavidCL23

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 14, 2001
NJ
JasonReid said:
hmmm... I want this.

How would I pay if I got this. And also, how much for shipping it?
If you have a confirmed shipping address (your shipping address matches your credit card billing address) then you can pay with paypal. If not I would prefer a usps money order. I can accept a personal check, but I will need to wait for it to clear before shipping. I will charge $35 to ship the laptop via Fed-Ex ground with complete insurance + USPS priority mail for the bluetooth mouse. My paypal address is DavidCappell@yahoo.com If you pay tonight I will ship tomorrow morning and email you a tracking number.

JasonReid

macrumors member
Jan 21, 2006
hmmm. I was going to buy this with the buy it now.... but... it's gone

how high do you think it will go?