FS: Bunch of iBook G3 parts (Batts, Custom dyed case plastics, Combo drive, LCDs...)

Discussion in 'Marketplace Archive 2' started by OrangeSVTguy, Jun 1, 2008.

1. OrangeSVTguy macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

Yep I could use the money to hopefully buy me a newer/faster computer as I'm going to mac withdrawl already. My HDD died so I will keep that possibly in the near future of spending $1000 to hopefully get all my important data off :eek:, yes no backups either.

So everything else is up for grabs.

complete orange case plastics and keyboard $50 (comes with all screws + 3 bottom rubber feet) (Pic)
    12" LCD from 900 g3 (2 stuck pixels, top middle and top right) $20 (Pic) No scratches on either LCD
    12" LCD from 1.33 g4 (slight bright spots, hardly noticable) $20 (Pic)
    12" ibook hinge $8
    2 OEM batteries with orange covers(each hold 2+ hour charge) $30 both (Pic)
    all original case plastics from the 900 ibook (can dye any color! $10 or $50 dyed or $80 dyed/installed

...or I'll install all orange case pieces and include both batteries - $100 installed/shipped!
    512mb memory oem sodimm $40 Sold to alecxx
    original airport $50 Sold to lemondropchick
    Apple Mini-VGA to VGA adapter + Mini-VGA to Composite/S-Video Adapter $10 both Sold to pcpete
    apple sony CD-RW/DVD combo drive $15 (Pic) Sold to pcpete

Complete bottom half 14" ibook g3 700mhz (dead motherboard) $20 (Pic)
    Includes all screws, bottom rubber feet etc... bottom case in great condition & top case w/ trackpad, keyboard.
    Does NOT include Screen, optical drive, airport card, extra memory or frame(unless I find it)

12" g4 1.33 ibook case plastics (will dye black) look like a blackbook! $50 or $100 shipped/installed (Pic)

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

3. iToaster macrumors 68000

iToaster

If you can get a new HD in it and an OS on that HD, I'd consider buying it for a reasonable price.

4. alecxx macrumors newbie

5. OrangeSVTguy thread starter macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

I'll sell everything in my original post for $110 shipped, minus the stuff that's already marked as sold.

6. California macrumors 68040

California

Might be worth it to get the 900mhz logic board. You sure it worked with a shim?

7. OrangeSVTguy thread starter macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

I used it that way for months. I have it all taken apart in pieces but íf you're interested, I can hook it back up minus the HDD and see if it still works later tonight after work.

8. OrangeSVTguy thread starter macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

Updated my original post and lowered prices and added a few items.

Buy more then 2 items and receive free shipping!

Will add pics in just a few.

9. pcpete macrumors newbie

Bump! Hey, I'm interested in the CDRW drive/ ibook case plastic set! Let me know. Paypal locked and loaded, feedback too

10. pcpete macrumors newbie

11. OrangeSVTguy thread starter macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

12. pcpete macrumors newbie

bump this guy is gr8. I need to figure out what I'm doing with my Ibook (it might be dead :( ). So buy this all up guys!

13. OrangeSVTguy thread starter macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

Thanks for the payment pcpete! Will drop it off in the post office tomorrow.

14. pcpete macrumors newbie

15. Maxwell Smart macrumors 6502a

Maxwell Smart

I'm looking for a specific part numbered iBook serial #, would you mind posting the part numbers? Specifically I'm looking for a samsung that starts with LTN. Thanks!

16. OrangeSVTguy thread starter macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

The samsung is the LCD panel. What numbers do you want and from what ibook? I'd be happy to help you out anyway I can.

I have the 14" ibook parts listed on ebay. Currently at $.01 and no reserve.

17. Maxwell Smart macrumors 6502a

Maxwell Smart

There should be a part identification code on the back that starts with the letters LTN.

18. OrangeSVTguy thread starter macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

You are talking about the parts # for the LCD panel, right? Because I can't find that part starting with those letters :(. Or a part number for another specific part?

19. Maxwell Smart macrumors 6502a

Maxwell Smart

Yes, the panel itself, if it were the one I was looking for, it would have a number beginning with LTN on the rear of the panel on a sticker. Thanks anyway for checking for me, and good luck with the sale :)

20. OrangeSVTguy thread starter macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

No problem. Just in case I missed something, here's a scan of both of them for you. That way you can check all the numbers for your self. BTW, may I ask why you need such a specific part number?

Attached Files: