FS: Dual Processor PowerMac G4

Ryan T.

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 13, 2005
Rochester, NY
Okay, even though this mac is "unique" , I am forced to sell due to the recent acquistion of a used PowerMac G5.

Here's the specs:

Dual 450MHz G4 CPU
Pioneer Superdrive
896MB SDRAM
2 x 60GB 7200RPM HDD's
nVidia GeForce MX440 64MB VRAM (VGA and ADC)
Gigabit Ethernet
OS X 10.4 Tiger
Good cosmetic condition, not perfect, but certainly not "beaten up".

As you can see this Powermac has been heavily upgraded. It runs great with Tiger, and is snappy and responsive using programs like Adobe CS, iLife, Microsoft Office, and the like.

I also recently bought an Airport card for this. It's in there right now and works great. However, I'm aware some people wouldn't use this (fairly expensive) upgrade, so I'll be accepting offers for the Powermac with or without the Airport card.

Shipping will be your choice on how it goes, and you'll pay actual cost. I do insist on insurance however, as computers are more likely to be damaged in transit than most things.

If you are interested or have questions please let know via PM or email; rltelesca at gmail.com

I'm local in Rochester NY and pickups will be given priority.

I'll be accepting best offer :)

UPDATE: Okay, $400 + shipping takes it. I estimate shipping to be roughly 30-35 dollars, but I can get a better quote depending on buyer location.

If you would like the Airport card I still ask that you add $60 to the total. :)

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
Hmmm. I might be going to Rochester soon and might be interested depending on how much you're looking for. Could you give an estimate as I have no clue about the value.

How close do you live to a road called 5 Mile Lane Road?

-Ryan

Ryan T.

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 13, 2005
Rochester, NY
ITASOR said:
Hmmm. I might be going to Rochester soon and might be interested depending on how much you're looking for. Could you give an estimate as I have no clue about the value.

How close do you live to a road called 5 Mile Lane Road?

-Ryan
I'm about 20-25 minutes from there I believe.

Well, going by ebay, I believe this would fetch $500+ there, without the airport card. I may be willing to sell for a little less.

I'm also willing to knock off the price if you have some PC2700 RAM for my new PowerMac to trade.

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
Hmm. I think I'm going to save my money for something else. Would you be willing to part with one of the 60GB hds? Or are you selling everything together?

Ryan T.

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 13, 2005
Rochester, NY
ITASOR said:
Hmm. I think I'm going to save my money for something else. Would you be willing to part with one of the 60GB hds? Or are you selling everything together?
I'd rather save everything together sans the airport card, but if i do end up parting it out, I'll drop you a PM.

Ryan T.

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 13, 2005
Rochester, NY
Reanimation_LP said:
Pics of the machine and its uniqueness?
Like I said it's up for best offer. And click the link I provided to see what makes this machine kind of special (besides all the kickass upgrades ;) )

Ryan T.

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 13, 2005
Rochester, NY
ichoosedeath said:
Unfortunately, I'ma broke SOB.. The best I could do would be around $300.. Which is why I've neglected to post anything. Sorry duder..
hey like I said an offer is an offer, and I'll keep you in mind...would you be able to pick it up or would you need delivery?

ichoosedeath

macrumors regular
Nov 9, 2004
Buffalo, NY
Ryan T. said:
hey like I said an offer is an offer, and I'll keep you in mind...would you be able to pick it up or would you need delivery?
I live in Buffalo.. Pickups could be arranged.. Try your hardest to get as much bank as you can, otherwise, keep me in mind!

-Drew

Ryan T.

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 13, 2005
Rochester, NY
ichoosedeath said:
I live in Buffalo.. Pickups could be arranged.. Try your hardest to get as much bank as you can, otherwise, keep me in mind!

-Drew
Will do Drew. I know I could get $500+ on eBay, but that's such a hassle, and shipping this beast can't be easy.

Ryan T.

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 13, 2005
Rochester, NY
kingjr3 said:
So which is it? Best offer or $500?
I never said that it was $500. I'm accepting offers to gague what it's worth. I was just citing what similar machines go for on eBay.

drison

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2005
Chicago
Ryan T. said:
See first post: $400 + shipping, or $460 + shipping if you want the airport card.

I think this is a good deal.
Do you have pictures? I don't recall seeing any in the other thread.
Thanks!
Dave

Ryan T.

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 13, 2005
Rochester, NY
drison said:
Do you have pictures? I don't recall seeing any in the other thread.
Thanks!
Dave
Sure, I can take some pictures tonight. I'm at work for the day, but when I get home I'll take some snapshots for everyone.

kingcrowing

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2004
Burlington, VT
OK, i think i want to buy this from you, i will do $400 SHIPPED... but dont worry, i live in VT, you can do whatever you want (USPS, UPS grond FedEx supersaver, whatevers easier/cheaper) but it should only be a few bucks, if your interested in this deal then send me a message kingcrowing@1sweetpc.com thanks a lot!

PS-i think i will want some pictures first though, just to check it out