FS: eMac 1.25Ghz - 768MB RAM 80GB - Superdiive for sale

G-Funk

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 28, 2005
Miami , FL
wnameth said:
you do know you can get a new one for that price or less
The new iMac is $1,199.00 with a student discount from apple .( 17" base model combo drive 512MB ) my eMac comes with a super drive - 768MB ram . Superdive . Mac OSX Tiger . I Originally bought it for $1356 a year ago from the local apple store . i still got the original reciept and box.. i can go as low as $900 but that's pusing it .. How much are you aiming for ?

edwardk9

macrumors member
Apr 24, 2005
Georgia
The new emacs are 1.42Ghz with a better GPU and come new 999.00 w/ superdrive plus twice as much hard drive space and that is not even the student discount.

If I were in the market for a used emac I probably would pay about 700-750 anything more and I might as well save the remaining 150 for a brand new one.

rmhop81

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2005
Dallas, TX
can get a brand new imac right b4 they updated them from macmall.com now for only $999, you are way overpriced. i could order an emac and ram and still be @ like only $1075 or so BRAND NEW.

G-Funk

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 28, 2005
Miami , FL
rmhop81 said:
can get a brand new imac right b4 they updated them from macmall.com now for only $999, you are way overpriced. i could order an emac and ram and still be @ like only $1075 or so BRAND NEW.
But you will also pay taxes ...

$750 or 700 is way too cheap for a year of use of a brand new machine.. i could get a better deal at eBay.. but i though i'd try here 1st .

bpd115

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2003
Pennsylvania
Have fun on Ebay.

Can't expect someone to pay $1000 when they can get a faster spec machine for that much...or a G5 iMac.

Muskyto3

macrumors regular
Dec 20, 2004
Cali
Sorry to say but my Fry's add came out today and they have 1.25ghz eMac with 512 ram and superdrive for only 699. good luck

rmhop81

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2005
Dallas, TX
G-Funk said:
But you will also pay taxes ...

$750 or 700 is way too cheap for a year of use of a brand new machine.. i could get a better deal at eBay.. but i though i'd try here 1st .

and NO you won't pay taxes if you order online from macmall.com @least i don't have to pay taxes to them. that's why i order from them over apple, bc apple charges taxes and macmall and macconnection do not. oh yeah that was a good link to post, the item only sold for $630, you're KIDDING yourself about getting anywhere near even 800 i would say. that's pushing the hell out of it considering you can order a new one now for 799, you're gonna have to find some mentally retarded person with alot of money to sell your stuff too. that would be your only bet haha

G-Funk

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 28, 2005
Miami , FL
rmhop81 said:
and NO you won't pay taxes if you order online from macmall.com @least i don't have to pay taxes to them. that's why i order from them over apple, bc apple charges taxes and macmall and macconnection do not. oh yeah that was a good link to post, the item only sold for $630, you're KIDDING yourself about getting anywhere near even 800 i would say. that's pushing the hell out of it considering you can order a new one now for 799, you're gonna have to find some mentally retarded person with alot of money to sell your stuff too. that would be your only bet haha
i guess i will :-D .

But seriusly .. if anyone of you who posted here whom are willing to buy this machine.. how much whould they pay ? place your bids.. and the highest bid will win.

mrgreen4242

macrumors 601
Feb 10, 2004
G-Funk said:
Even it's one dollar.. you ain't buying.. !!! So stop yapping :-D

:D
I'm assuming you meant even IF it's one dollar, I ain't buying, but I'll give you a buck for it. :)

G-Funk

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 28, 2005
Miami , FL
i see mac mini's getting sold here for the same price as a new one. and some people say that i'm way too expensive :(

corywoolf

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2004
G-Funk said:
i see mac mini's getting sold here for the same price as a new one. and some people say that i'm way too expensive :(
Hey man,

Not to be negative, but mac minis are way more compact and have alot more demand from the average consumer. The eMac is an educational focused value computer. You shouldn't have bought a education value targeted mac if you planned on getting a good resale value. If it was a powerbook or powermac or an ipod then I would expect a good resale value, don't be self centered, look at it from the buyers view. Why would anyone want something that is obselete? The eMac is a nice machine for basic web browsing and other things college students do. Maybe you should just keep it if you can't get what you'd like for it.

Ask yourself this, "Do I need the money from this?" If yes, then sell it for whatever you can get, otherwise keep it as an extra computer. I take it you want a new computer and you were planning on getting a enough money from this to either get a decked out mac mini or saving a few hundred bucks to buy a iMac G5?