FS/FT ibook G4 1.42ghz, 14", 1gig ram,SUPERDRIVE,latest spec, (UK)

denial

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 3, 2005
For sale or for trade one IMMACULATE ibook 14" laptop. Some brief specs for those that need them;

ibook 1.42ghz
1 gig ram (512mb base plus 512mb upgrade)
60gig Hard Drive
SUPERDRIVE (UJ-845E)
ATI RADEON 9550 (32mb)
14" Screen - bright,even and NO DEAD PIXELS
Week 37 build
TIGER (discs included)
Boxed (all immaculate with unopened vga adaptor,etc)

In short a perfect condition ibook upgraded to 1gig that runs like a dream. The Superdrive has only been used to burn a handful of cd's and just 2 dvd's

The ibook comes with the usual software such as ilife '05, appleworks and so on.

Some pictures for you;

Reason for sale or trade? I fancy a change. Whilst I like laptops I do not have to have one as work provides one for me (albeit windows). I would like the idea of a 12" ibook or Powerbook for the bedroom or even an imac if the trade was right. But it is only an option. I am fine selling it as well if the price was right. This retails for £899 plus another £50ish for the ram upgrade, making it a good £940+ ibook in mint condition. I would sell it for £760 INCLUSIVE OF POSTING VIA SPECIAL DELIVERY ROYAL MAIL.

I am not open to offers as this is a good price but I am very open to trade plus cash offers.

I am a GOLD trader on two other forums and also have 100% ebay trader references. I can provide links to all my trades and treat all deals with courtesy and good practice. Payment wise I can take cash,cheque,bank transfer or any suitable arrangement. I am based in the UK but would not rule out a deal abroad subject to agreement and satisfactory references.

Any questions please ask here. I am happy to answer PM's as well.

Thanks for viewing.

denial

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 3, 2005
A couple of PM's look interesting. Happy to trade with a USA member if the deal is right.

denial

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 3, 2005
PM sent.

Hard drive is a TOSHIBA MK6025GAS according to profiler.

denial

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 3, 2005
Looks like a deal is being struck with california so the ibook is now PENDING SALE.

California

macrumors 68040
Aug 21, 2004
denial said:
Looks like a deal is being struck with california so the ibook is now PENDING SALE.
Yes it is and very happy that it is a Toshiba hd. Seems Apple goes from Hitachi to Toshiba to (horrors) Fujistu as their OEM hds without regards to Fujistu's high failure rate. I had two Fujistus fail on an old Tibook. Tho a Fujistu hd would not have precluded our deal.

denial

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 3, 2005
Ok despite seemingly reaching agreement to trade my ibook for California's Tibook I have received a PM to say it has been sold. Sigh.

This is back on the market again.

denial

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 3, 2005
Will throw in a free unused "incase" laptop bag (worth £29.99) to whoever buys/trades for the ibook.

denial

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 3, 2005
liketom said:
Glad you got a buyer for that iBook there denial , what you buying next ? hint hint LOL
I'm afraid California has pulled out of the deal so it's still for sale my friend.

denial

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 3, 2005
liketom said:
i'm sure it will sell ,
I hope so. Yours looks very appealing but I have to shift mine first. What with Christmas coming and three children demanding all the latest gadgets I have to put them first (what a shame!).

denial

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 3, 2005
Back up for sale as a local deal fell through.

Now £675inc

Must be sold.

denial

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 3, 2005
buryyourbrideau said:
What would you want in American currency?
I am no good at exchange rates. £675 equates to about $1050. I think
:p

buryyourbrideau

macrumors 65816
Mar 1, 2005
Chicago
Darn.

My Gf is very envious of my iBook and wants to get one but her Mom wont spend more than 700.

I knew you were not going to let this go for that much. Just was curious.:p

denial

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 3, 2005
Actually have just done an exchange rate conversion via another site. It equals $1151. I'd call it a round $1100 then:)

D0ct0rteeth

macrumors 65816
Mar 11, 2002
Franklin, TN
I will trade you:

Imac G4 800
512 Ram
Superdrive
Upgraded 400GB Hard Drive (used as Mp3 server)
Airport Card
Apple Speakers, Pro Mouse and Pro Keyboard
10.4 Tiger

denial

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 3, 2005
I'd be interested but shipping that from the USA to the UK would be too prohibitive for you I would think.

denial

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 3, 2005
D0ct0rteeth said:
I'd be happy to get a quote and discuss it.

I'll PM you and we can take it offline.

Sounds good. Let's discuss this via PM.