FS: Livingfortoday's Ever-growing Sale Thread!

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
i'm interesed in the cube speakers, and do they work with other macs or is it like the iMac G4's speakers that only work this iMac g4?

Thanks

barter=exchange (goods or services) for other goods or services without using money

which is a lot like trading;)

livingfortoday

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 17, 2004
The Msp
Yeah, whoops, I meant bargain. I'ma change that.

The speakers are USB speakers, and you can use them with any Mac, I believe. I have them hooked up to my Ti Powerbook right now, and they work fine.

i4k20c

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2005
Hey i am actually interested in the printer, i go to school at Loyola University Chicago, and on the weekends am by the NW Suburbs (BG, Arlington Heights), please pm where you are located and maybe we can work something out? :confused:

livingfortoday

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 17, 2004
The Msp
i4k20c said:
Hey i am actually interested in the printer, i go to school at Loyola University Chicago, and on the weekends am by the NW Suburbs (BG, Arlington Heights), please pm where you are located and maybe we can work something out? :confused:
PM sent!

livingfortoday

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 17, 2004
The Msp
amacgenius said:
I know it's not posted here in the thread, but would you be interested in selling your cube?
I can't, sorry. Technically the Cube does not belong to me, so I can't sell it. I can upgrade it and mess around with it pretty much as much as I want, but I'm not allowed to outright sell it. Or else, yeah, it'd totally be up for sale.

SurfinSHELL23

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2004
Aberdeen, NJ
Hmmm... I may be interested in the Cube speakers... I'll get back to you with an offer in a few days. I have to see if I may be able to get them from a friend or not.

livingfortoday

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 17, 2004
The Msp
Two more pics, and probably the last ones for tonight.

Hard Drive:

Monitor:

I'll put up some more pics of the Dell hooked up to my Powerbook or something, to show how bright and crisp it is, but tomorrow. Or really late tonight.

ericssonboi

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2005
Not interested in the earphones... cause i got EX71's .. but it might help posting what color they are.

livingfortoday

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 17, 2004
The Msp
0s and 1s said:
i'll take the speakers.....IF they're in good condition and work!
They're in great condition, and sound great as well. Spent most of their lives in a box until I dug them out recently, and they're quite a welcome replacement for my Powerbooks crappy speakers. But they need to be sold for cash! PM me if you're serious, and I'll send you my PayPal info! Thanks!

amacgenius

macrumors 68000
Aug 3, 2005
Buffalo, NY
(Pardon me if this was already posted/answered, I'm really sick today)

Will that 120gb hardrive fit in a G4 Cube (I bought one btw :)) and why do/did your Cube speakers look different than the ones I've seen?

livingfortoday

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 17, 2004
The Msp
amacgenius said:

Will that 120gb hardrive fit in a G4 Cube (I bought one btw :)) and why do/did your Cube speakers look different than the ones I've seen?
The 120GB drive came out of my Cube, so yes, it will fit fine. The greatest size the Cube can fit without software hacks is a 128GB drive, so the 120GB is really the best fit for it.

I don't know about the speakers. They came with the Cube way back in the day when we bought it, and they're the only ones I've seen pictured with it before. What speakers do you mean?

Edit: I did a google image search: http://images.google.com/images?q=G4+Cube+Speakers&hl=en&btnG=Search+Images

And I think I know what you're talking about. Mine have the clear shell thingie over the speakers, which I think is removable. Is that what you meant? You can see both versions in those pics.

doucy2

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2005
amacgenius said:

to answer the speaker question
apple made special speakers for the cube and the g4 quicksilver
cude ones have that little box that sits on the desktop
the QS speakers have a mini jack so those speakers only work with the QS

the cube speakers are specially designed to work with the cube, but will work with most macs

livingfortoday

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 17, 2004
The Msp
doucy2 said:
the cube speakers are specially designed to work with the cube, but will work with most macs
Exactly. Apple had to make the Cube speakers USB ones, because there were no 1/8" audio jacks on the Cube. But they still work with pretty much any Mac with USB.