FS: Load of iBook G3 Parts!

amacgenius

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 3, 2005
Buffalo, NY
I had an iBook G3 500mhz that I got from somebody on this forum, and upon arrival the LCD was cracked, so I'm parting it out, I'm not posting prices because I want to have you offer me because I have no idea what any of this is worth. I might also have a great condition Airport card to sell if the price is right.

I prefer PayPal, I'm verified. I will also take money order if PayPal is not an option, although it's up to me. I will only ship to the USA, shipping to canada takes too long and there's the customs thing, so meh. I have good feedback on eBay (check my sig) and many references here on MR that can speak up for me if they wish :). Thanks!

All these parts are tested as working, the logic board does power on but due to LCD problems we could not test it, so that's sold as is.

The parts:

DVD Drive Mono FR-8176-C made by Matsushita includes orange cables that has the HD connector and the Main Board connector. Excellent condition runs well.

Heat Sink Assembly, includes back plastic assembly, fan grille, processor cover, and thermal heat transfer pipe.

I/O Bezel combo video out gas reset switch on it.

Modem iBook G3.

Fan Sunon works with Maglev system, includes case assembly.

DC In board includes cable good for broken inside power adapters.

Logic Board 500mhz includes processor, 128mb, airport ready, will power on, (no longer for sale, sitting on my desk as a tribute).

Internal case frame metal assembly inside iBook includes builtin reset switch on it.

Top shield really good condition.

Bottom shield good condition w/ cutout for processor.

Bottom case with intact battery thumbscrew minor scratches.

Top case with builtin speakers the power button builtin and 100% functional trackpad.

RAM Shield good condition.

Sleep light from iBook G3.

Back metal hinge.

Note: Pulled from a 500mhz iBook G3 that had cracked LCD upon purchase.

amacgenius

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 3, 2005
Buffalo, NY
Somebody asked me why I'm doing this, and this was my reply to him.

Think of it as an organ transplant, the "patient" has died, yet his organs were still good and they saved what they could so that somebody else who might need them can keep "living".

Reflow

macrumors 68000
Mar 30, 2005
NJ/PHL
on that DVD drive is it a combo/super drive.

Dam sorry you only take paypal. nevermind

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
I'm interested in making one of those iBook lamp thingies... I can't quite tell from your description if you have that main, er, white, um... iBook covery front/top part? :p :eek: Sorry for my horrible description.

amacgenius

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 3, 2005
Buffalo, NY
ITASOR said:
How much for the HD? I need it for my clamshell. :)
Make me an offer :). (I noticed you said clamshell, this came from a snow iBook, dunno if that matters but I'm mentioning it to be safe.)

devilot said:
I'm interested in making one of those iBook lamp thingies... I can't quite tell from your description if you have that main, er, white, um... iBook covery front/top part? :p :eek: Sorry for my horrible description.
The casing? I've got one with the Apple logo paper in it which is I think what you're trying to describe...

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
amacgenius said:
The casing? I've got one with the Apple logo paper in it which is I think what you're trying to describe...
I'm gonna ask my boyfriend to help me make a lamp like in this thread... That's what I'm looking for. :eek:

amacgenius

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 3, 2005
Buffalo, NY
devilot said:
I'm gonna ask my boyfriend to help me make a lamp like in this thread... That's what I'm looking for. :eek:
Ah yes, that's right I replied to that thread I see, yes I believe I have exactly what you need :). That would be the top case.

zach

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2003
Medford
so, just wondering.. still interested in my 'book? :p
no, but in all seriousness, would $20 for the battery be reasonable? of course, i'm not interested in the battery if you're still interested in my iBook :)

amacgenius

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 3, 2005
Buffalo, NY
zach said:
so, just wondering.. still interested in my 'book? :p
no, but in all seriousness, would $20 for the battery be reasonable? of course, i'm not interested in the battery if you're still interested in my iBook :)
PM'd you!

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
amacgenius said:
Make me an offer :). (I noticed you said clamshell, this came from a snow iBook, dunno if that matters but I'm mentioning it to be safe.)
I think it should work, but I'm not 100% sure either. I'll ask someone/research it and PM you later. Thanks!

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
amacgenius said:
No problem, take your time and do what you need :).
According to lowendmac, my clamshell takes an ATA-33 and the iB 500Mhz has a ATA-66. Not that I know what any of that means, but I'm guessing it either won't fit right due to height difference or won't work at all. If anyone knows different, please let me know. Sorry!

amacgenius

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 3, 2005
Buffalo, NY
ITASOR said:
According to lowendmac, my clamshell takes an ATA-33 and the iB 500Mhz has a ATA-66. Not that I know what any of that means, but I'm guessing it either won't fit right due to height difference or won't work at all. If anyone knows different, please let me know. Sorry!
I'll double check with my repair technician who took this drive out of the iBook and I'll ask him if it'll work in a Clamshell, and I'll let ya know :).

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
We've worked out a deal for the iBook cover thingie.

What email addy should I send PayPal payment to?\

:edit: How soon can you ship it out? And I have a few eBay feedbacks w/ Devilot76, Heatware, and a couple of MRers.

amacgenius

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 3, 2005
Buffalo, NY
devilot said:
We've worked out a deal for the iBook cover thingie.

What email addy should I send PayPal payment to?\

:edit: How soon can you ship it out? And I have a few eBay feedbacks w/ Devilot76, Heatware, and a couple of MRers.
ebay@amacgenius.com and I could probably send it out tomorrow and if not I'll notify you. :)

amacgenius

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 3, 2005
Buffalo, NY
If devilot wants to say she can.

Anyways, one of the bezels SOLD!, I still have the 2 actual LCDs.
(Might not sell the other bezel, I might need it.)

GlassOgnion

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2003
Quebec, Canada
ITASOR said:
I recently installed a Samsung 5400 rpm 2"5" HD brand new in a clamshell 466mhz and it's working perfectly with Tiger installed.