FS: Loaded MBP

Discussion in 'Marketplace Archive 2' started by taylorwilsdon, Feb 25, 2008.

1. taylorwilsdon macrumors 68000

taylorwilsdon

edit - FS

Santa Rosa Matte 15" MBP. 2.2GHZ, 4GB RAM, 7200RPM 200GB HDD, 128MB 8600gt-m.
    This is fully loaded and one of the fastest laptops on the market. I just don't need the power! This has the most possible RAM and the largest, fastest hard drive possible. <br><br>

It has OSX Leopard but I can install Tiger if you prefer.

Apple wants $2,974.00 for this model, but their RAM pricing is unreasonable (obviously). I think $1900 is more then fair, so I'm *pretty* firm on that. If you're willing to meet on Queen Anne at Wells Fargo, I might go a little lower.

I will meet in the Seattle area, near U-Village or Queen Anne is best for me. I'd like to meet at a bank (mine or yours) and I will only take payment in cash. MR members, PayPal is fine (I will ship on my dime) or local meetup is best.

I would rate it an 8.75 cosmetically, with some scratches on the lower body case and around the cd drive. The top is great and the palmrest is flawless for the most part. Its always been regularly cleaned and will come in pristine shape to you. Its not like you ever look at the bottom... Otherwise it looks perfect. Have boxes and documentation, most accessories are still sealed. Always carried in a neoprene case.

Please email me for larger pictures of the actual unit.

2. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

Compare it to refurb prices and work backwards from there.

Refurbished MacBook Pro 2.2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    15.4-inch widescreen display
    2GB memory
    120GB hard drive
    8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
    NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 128MB of GDDR3 memory

is going for $1699. A ram upgrade would add an extra $100 to get it to 4gb so you're looking at a comparative $1800 plus whatever the larger HD would add. Subtract whatever has ticked away on the warranty and you've got a bit less than your goal. But just my opine.

3. Cybergypsy macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

4. michaelsviews macrumors 65816

Take what ever people suggest on this forum with a grain of salt regarding value.

5. taylorwilsdon thread starter macrumors 68000

taylorwilsdon

Consider this for sale.

I'll get some model shots done and create a formal listing but anyone who offers me more then $1800 is welcome to.

6. taylorwilsdon thread starter macrumors 68000

taylorwilsdon

Some offers, some spam. If you don't like my prices, send me a polite PM. I have a standing offer of $1850 but it includes some heavy driving that I would love to avoid, so preference goes to those who can meet me in my hood or want me to ship it.

7. neverownedapc macrumors member

neverownedapc

if they want tiger, can i buy your leopard osx? i bought almost the same of what your selling but the jerk who sold it didn't give me a password so i can't load new software.

8. taylorwilsdon thread starter macrumors 68000

taylorwilsdon

Dude, are you serious? This was from 6 months ago, in the closed archives...