I'm selling my 15" Powerbook.

It's the 1.5ghz.

128mb video ram.
5400rpm hard drive.
1gb ram (512+512)
80gb hard drive.
Combo drive.
Airport Extreme card.

Will include Battlefield 1942 w/road to rome expansion pack.

Laptop is in GREAT shape. There is a very small dent in the laptop in the back by where it folds closed.

As far as I've been able to tell, there is one single dead pixel on the LCD screen over on the very right side of the screen. Obviously very tiny.

I'm looking to see what anyone would be willing to pay for this. I obviously paid a pretty penny for it a few months ago. With tax it was about $3200.

I'm selling it for $2300.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
You may not sell the system while it contains unlicensed software. It has been removed from your description. Adjust the price if you want.

Paperstreet

macrumors member
Original poster
Thanks.

But apparently I'm not selling it since no one has made me any offers.

It's a great machine and people can save some $$$.

I'm trustworty- it's not like I'm a new member or something.

Someone has to offer something though.

umgolfer

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2004
MI
Do you have any pictures of it? Are you interested in any trades? I'm very interested in your setup. Does this model have the backlit keyboard? This is a combo drive model and not a superdrive model, correct? Or was that a typo?

umgolfer

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2004
MI
My bad. I am pretty sure it is not a typo if it is in both your title and the description...sorry.

Paperstreet

macrumors member
Original poster
Hey.

I notice you're in MI too. I'm in St. Clair Shores.

Anyways, yes it's the newest version of the Pbook with the backlight keyboard.

And yes, combo drive.

I'll try to get some pics up on my smugmug account by tomorrow.

Jon

umgolfer

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2004
MI
Pics would be nice. What price are you thinking? Would you be interested in trading it for an iBook + cash? The only thing that I wish it had is the superdrive...otherwise I'd be all over it. Thanks.

umgolfer

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2004
MI
Here are the specs on my iBook.

1.07Ghz G4
12" screen (256 built in + 256 Apple chip)
ATI Mobility Radeon 9200
Combo drive
30GB HD
Bluetooth
Airport extreme

It is in mint condition and I got it in April/May of 2004. It is still under warranty and Applecare is available. I have all of the paperwork and boxes that came with it when I got it. I love this thing and only would get rid of it because I really want to get the bigger screen. As for cash I am not sure. I am on a tight budget (I teach high school and am finishing grad school right now), but would be interested in your thoughts about what is fair. I like that we are both close to each other (Livonia to St Clair) and the idea of meeting to trade is appeaing. PM me or email to continue this...Thanks.

Jason

hansenc

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2004
how much cash if i trade my ibook

12" ibook g4
1.07GHz PowerPC G4
768Mb PC2100 DDR Ram
ATI Mobility Radeon 9200 32Mb DDR
60Gb Hard Drive
Airport Extreme Card

Its in great condition and was bought in July of this year.

trentcanuck

macrumors member
Oct 2, 2004
I want to throw out a recommendation for Paperstreet as an EXCELLENT seller.
I bought his old graphite iMac, and I was VERY happy with the deal.
It was one of those all-too-rare online purchases where the item arrives, and everything is BETTER than expected.

gizzard

macrumors member
May 13, 2004
The 12" PB I have is brand new and sealed. I understand that you would like to get the full value for your PB, but it has a dent (which means that it has been slightly abused) and it has a dead pixel. Those two things devalue it a bit to me. Would you consider lowering the price to something more reasonable? I'd even be willing to allow you to keep a 512 MB stick so you could upgrade the 12" PB when you get it.

macdaddy121

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2003
Georgia
interested

well i am interested in the powerbook, however, i was wondering what you wanted to get for it. With the trade plus cash you seem to be asking more than I have. Could you give just a number in U.S. currency. I really appreciate it. Thank you.

Jovian9

macrumors 68000
Feb 19, 2003
Planet Zebes
So just to clarify:
this is the 15" 1.5GHz SuperDrive version....but you elected to get the combo drive instead of the superdrive and you upgraded the video card to 128mb and the hard drive to 5400rpm?

Just curious b/c the combo drive 1.5GHz 15" PowerBook on Apples website does not let you upgrade the video card.

I PM'd you about a possible trade for my 17" Superdrive 1.33GHz PowerBook. Check your private messages.

Paperstreet

macrumors member
Original poster
Yes, this is correct:

It is the 15" 1.5 Superdrive version with upgraded video memory to 128 and hard drive to 5400 but Superdrive downgraded to Combo drive.

I don't need a Superdrive, but I wanted the added video and hard drive specs.

If you go through the Apple store for my same exact system it's $2850 plus tax. Which equals about $3000

So If I'm asking for $2300, I'm taking a $700 discount because of a small ding, a tiny dead pixel and about 4 months of use.

So yeah, $2300 seems good. Plus buyer pays shipping and insurance.

And thank you Trentcanuck- I'm glad you like my iMac. It was a pleasure doing business.

Pics are here:

You're right. My bad.

I don't know how I got $3250.

So it's $2850 plus tax

So we're talking about $3000 shipped for this mac from the Apple store.

So I'll sell it for $2300. I'll still take a $700 hit roughly. (I actually paid more when I bought it, I'm pretty sure.)

So $2300.

Here's the pictures:

http://streetpaper.smugmug.com/gallery/256899/1/10086607

gizzard

macrumors member
May 13, 2004
Can you do the math for us? It's not adding up for me.

$2500 for the 15" SuperDrive model.
-$200 to downgrade to the SuperDrive
+100 to upgrade to 128 MB VRAM
+50 to upgrade to 5400 RPM HD
+400 for memory upgrade (if you bought through Apple, which we can't verify)

Total should be $2850 for your config. How did you get to $3200? Am I missing something?

That said, would you consider shaving $300 (Apple price) off the price if you kept one of the 512 MB sticks for the 12" PB I want to trade you?

Thanks.

Paperstreet

macrumors member
Original poster
You're right. My mistake. I did the math wrong.

I don't know how I got $3250.

So it's $2850 plus tax

So we're talking about $3000 shipped for this mac from the Apple store.

So I'll sell it for $2300. I'll still take a $700 hit roughly. (I actually paid more when I bought it, I'm pretty sure.)

So $2300.

Here's the pictures:

http://streetpaper.smugmug.com/gallery/256899/1/10086607

Paperstreet

macrumors member
Original poster
Does anyone have any more questions?

If you WANT to make me offers, I'll still listen.

But my overall goal is to try and come up with some money for my credit card bills but still have a formidable laptop.

That's why I'm thinking new iBook. And hopefully that'll cost me about $1500 after taxes and shipping.

If I can clear around $2300, that's $800 I can throw at my debt.

Hopefully someone will take me up on this sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.