Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

amonduulii

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 8, 2005
Apple PowerBook G3 (Pismo) with 14.1" TFT LCD

This is the legendary Pismo, one of the most robust and rugged laptops Apple ever made. it's gotten me through a lot and still has a lot of usable life on it. The system is still remarkably fast for web surfing and general writing (Microsoft Office) and graphics work. It can even run iMovie and interface with digital cameras, etc. The wireless card makes it doubly useful for cafe work and web surfing, or at-home websurfing. The wireless antenna is by far the most signal-receptive antenna Apple has made. There are a few general blemishes and knicks on the plastic casing of the laptop but functionality and internal guts are flawless. There are no dead pixels on the 14" LCD screen.

# 400 MHz PPC 750 G3, 1MB L2 cache
# AIRPORT Card installed
# 256 MB Ram (2x 128 Meg DIMM)
# ATI Rage 128 M3 graphics chipset, can support external monitors and screen spanning.
# S-Video out
# 6 Gig HD
# Removable DVD-ROM drive; swap with second battery
# 2 FireWire ports, 2 USB ports, analog audio out and in jacks, S-video out (with S-video to Composite Video adapter for connecting to TV or VCR), VGA out
# 100/10 BaseT ethernet, 56k modem
# Type I/II PCMCIA slot; AirPort slot
# Battery - lasts about an hour depending on use.
# Power Adapter
# Assorted Useful Software
# Mac OS X 10.3.8 (clean installation)
# Original system software CDs
# FREE USB Apple Mouse thrown in.

For photo, go to:
<A HREF=http://homepage.mac.com/khoury/craig/pismo.jpg>

I'm asking a reasonable $525+Shipping. I'm asking a lower price than what is typically final prices on eBay. Please, serious inquiries only. You can check my previous seller ratings on

supersize

macrumors member
Nov 2, 2004
I just sold a very simular setup on ebay about a month ago and only got $450. Mine had more ram, a cdrw and a bag included. So I hope you can get what you're asking out of it.

macrumors 68020
Apr 11, 2004
NYC
amonduulii said:
Apple PowerBook G3 (Pismo) with 14.1" TFT LCD

This is the legendary Pismo, one of the most robust and rugged laptops Apple ever made. it's gotten me through a lot and still has a lot of usable life on it. The system is still remarkably fast for web surfing and general writing (Microsoft Office) and graphics work. It can even run iMovie and interface with digital cameras, etc. The wireless card makes it doubly useful for cafe work and web surfing, or at-home websurfing. The wireless antenna is by far the most signal-receptive antenna Apple has made. There are a few general blemishes and knicks on the plastic casing of the laptop but functionality and internal guts are flawless. There are no dead pixels on the 14" LCD screen.

# 400 MHz PPC 750 G3, 1MB L2 cache
# AIRPORT Card installed
# 256 MB Ram (2x 128 Meg DIMM)
# ATI Rage 128 M3 graphics chipset, can support external monitors and screen spanning.
# S-Video out
# 6 Gig HD
# Removable DVD-ROM drive; swap with second battery
# 2 FireWire ports, 2 USB ports, analog audio out and in jacks, S-video out (with S-video to Composite Video adapter for connecting to TV or VCR), VGA out
# 100/10 BaseT ethernet, 56k modem
# Type I/II PCMCIA slot; AirPort slot
# Battery - lasts about an hour depending on use.
# Power Adapter
# Assorted Useful Software
# Mac OS X 10.3.8 (clean installation)
# Original system software CDs
# FREE USB Apple Mouse thrown in.

For photo, go to:
<A HREF=http://homepage.mac.com/khoury/craig/pismo.jpg>

I'm asking a reasonable $525+Shipping. I'm asking a lower price than what is typically final prices on eBay. Please, serious inquiries only. You can check my previous seller ratings on

Price is way high

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.