FS/T: Tiger 10.4 DVD, Tiger for iPod Shuffle

rickvanr

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 10, 2002
Brockville
Hey,

Alright, for sale: Tiger Install DVD. I'd like to trade it for an iPod Shuffle. I would consider selling it too, $60 + shipping.

references on ebay under: vanrrick, and I've bought and sold from members on this board as well.

mrgreen4242

macrumors 601
Feb 10, 2004
rickvanr said:
Is my asking price too high? If so, what would be a good price to ask for?
Well, the EDU copy is $69 so it might be tough to move it you're not at least close to that price, imo.

rickvanr

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 10, 2002
Brockville
ok, because everyone is in education?

new price $75 shipped or in a trade for an iPod shuffle.

mrgreen4242

macrumors 601
Feb 10, 2004
rickvanr said:
ok, because everyone is in education?
Hey, you asked what a good price point would be, no need to be defensive about it.

Of course everyone doesn't qualify for the EDU discount, however that is the price point that Apple has set as a discount level, so much more than that isn't seen as a value.

Look around at the sale of used but like-new Apple computers. Even if they are brand new, opened and tested then put back in the box units with AppleCare, etc, people seldom pay more than the EDU pricing on it.

Just my observation, but you asked "what would be a good price to ask for" and that my opinion.

Good luck! :)

zen.state

macrumors 68020
Mar 13, 2005
since no one else has asked I will.. why the heck do you have 3 copies of tiger? why would anyone buy that many copies if they didn't need them?

something is fishy.

rickvanr

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 10, 2002
Brockville
zen.state said:
since no one else has asked I will.. why the heck do you have 3 copies of tiger? why would anyone buy that many copies if they didn't need them?

something is fishy.
Bought one, got 2 with ADC, got a new computer which also came with one, but that one I'm not selling.

Sure sounds fishy to me.

cluejos

macrumors newbie
Feb 27, 2005
Im a student so I can get from apple for 69 so the only way im gonna buy from here is if I get somewhat of a significant saving. I think most will be this way. Everyone atleast knows a student even if they are not one themselves. So most people will not pay over 69. Like I said I will buy for 50.

rickvanr

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 10, 2002
Brockville
cluejos said:
Im a student so I can get from apple for 69 so the only way im gonna buy from here is if I get somewhat of a significant saving. I think most will be this way. Everyone atleast knows a student even if they are not one themselves. So most people will not pay over 69. Like I said I will buy for 50.
Go buy from the Apple Education Store then.

Your lowballing didn't work in this thread:
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=133323
and it isn't going to work on me either.

cluejos

macrumors newbie
Feb 27, 2005
50 is definitetly not lowballing when apple retail is 69. You cant possibly expect anyone to pay more to you than they would apple. Ill even go as high as 55. But thats as high as I go.

ichoosedeath

macrumors regular
Nov 9, 2004
Buffalo, NY
cluejos said:
50 is definitetly not lowballing when apple retail is 69. You cant possibly expect anyone to pay more to you than they would apple. Ill even go as high as 55. But thats as high as I go.

That's kind of a bunk answer.. Its $69 for students.. I'm no longer a student. Is everyone that has an apple constantly going through some sort of schooling? Get a job hippie!

It is a great deal. I'd jump on it, but I just bought a *family pack*

tsk

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2004
Wisconsin
rickvanr said:
Bought one, got 2 with ADC, got a new computer which also came with one, but that one I'm not selling.

Sure sounds fishy to me.
Is it legal to sell the ones from ADC?

tsk

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2004
Wisconsin
rickvanr said:
It doesn't say 'not for resale' on them, but then again, people buy and sell things like that on eBay all the time.
Well, you can't exactly go by eBay now can you ;) I would expect that technically the ADC says something like you can't resell or maybe you can't resell untill 6 months have passed or something.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
I had some ADC copies of Panther, and couldn't find anything saying that you weren't allowed to onsell them. Made a small profit by selling them :)