FS/WTT: Indigo Clamshell iBook G3, 366mhz.

Sutekidane

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 26, 2005
I'm looking to sell/trade a Clamshell iBook G3 for a friend. The color is indigo.
-366mhz G3
-10GB HD
-320MB Ram
-Power Adapter (YoYo kind)
-CD-ROM Drive
-FireWire Port
-Battery holds about 2 hour charge (Don't quote me on that one)

It's in pretty good condition overall, some wear and tear, but working fine. No cracks or anything. Will come with ibook, power adapter, and 10.2 installed. The screen is looking pretty good, it's a bit dim, but I think they were all like that, and I'm used to my new Hyundai LCD. The USB port is broken, but all other ports work.

I'm looking to sell this or trade it for something else. I'm listed at ebay under "Sutekidanex" 100% positive feedback.
Thanks! ^_^

macrumors 68020
Apr 11, 2004
NYC
does it have any other transfer ports since the usb is broken and does it have a pci card slot, also are you willing to ship to europe and finally how long does your battery last?

I can offer you $50+I can also through in a lightly scratched but fully functional 4GB silver iPod mini with a grey marware beltclipable case+shipping.

Sutekidane

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 26, 2005
reberto said:
I thought you friend owned this, not you?
He gave it to me this afternoon as an early christmas present, and I have no use for it. :)

macrumors 68020
Apr 11, 2004
NYC
Patmian212 said:
does it have any other transfer ports since the usb is broken and does it have a pci card slot, also are you willing to ship to europe and finally how long does your battery last?

I can offer you $50+I can also through in a lightly scratched but fully functional 4GB silver iPod mini with a grey marware beltclipable case+shipping.
Did you consider my offer? Is it a yes a no or a maybe so?:D

kwajo.com

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2002
Bay of Fundy
just thought i'd chime in as a clamshell owner of a very similar machine (except lime) and they are fantastic - runs Tiger great, even photoshop CS pretty well. i'm almost considering getting in on the bidding of this one too ;)

Sutekidane

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 26, 2005
applefan1997 said:
How about $200 shipped? I can pay by Money order...
Reply to me ASAP!!!
Sounds sketchy, why do you want to pay $20 more than what I"m offering.. and you're a newbie.

umgolfer

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2004
MI
I'm very tempted by this... Do you have any idea how easy it is to get replacement batteries for these? I thought they used to get 5-6 hours on a charge...

reberto

macrumors 65816
Jul 20, 2005
Sutekidane said:
Sounds sketchy, why do you want to pay $20 more than what I"m offering.. and you're a newbie.
I would do it. Just send it out once you cash the money order. Thats what I do.

debroglie

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2004
Philadelphia, PA
applefan1997 said:
How about $200 shipped? I can pay by Money order...
Reply to me ASAP!!!
ummm... you do realize that he said he'd sell it for 20 less than this:rolleyes:

personally I would be jumping all over this if it weren't for the USB issue. The USB on these babies is attached to the logic board, which means that you'd have to replace the entire LB just to get a functional USB port.

However, it does have FW, which is nice

biohazard6969

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2005
toronto canada
oh man that is one sexzy colour, i useed to have a clamshell, grey though, i couldn't stand the colour. i have no idea what i did with it, i know i did sumthn when i got my PB but i can't remember what...where i got rid of it....i'd really like to buy it, but if its going to be upwards of 200 then i just can't

Sutekidane

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 26, 2005
debroglie said:
ummm... you do realize that he said he'd sell it for 20 less than this:rolleyes:

personally I would be jumping all over this if it weren't for the USB issue. The USB on these babies is attached to the logic board, which means that you'd have to replace the entire LB just to get a functional USB port.

However, it does have FW, which is nice
Yeah, I guess you wouldn't really be able to use an external mouse, camera, printer... I mean, it has ethernet 10/100 and a slot to install a network card, as well as the superior firewire port, so not all functionality is lost.

applefan1997

macrumors 6502
Hi! I am offering $20 more because I no longer own a laptop or computer anymore(And I am afraid that I can lose this with only $180, because others can offer that), and I am focusing on an iBook, especially the snow or indigo ones. I owned a graphite 466, and the color was really unattractive. I traded for a snow, the inverter broke, traded it for a pismo(no battery/optical), then sold it for this. By the way, I use the library for internet.
That's all. I hope its not as scketchy anymore.
Thanks!!!