OS X FTL Easy….how do I beat Flagship?

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Solomani, Aug 3, 2014.

1. Solomani macrumors 68030

Solomani

I've started playing FTL (it comes with Advanced Edition, but I have not yet activated that part of the game).

How the heck do I get my Kestrel (EASY mode) to beat the rebel Flagship? The best I've done is beating it once, then it runs away (escapes). Then it comes back and on the 2nd battle it boards tons of Marines and kills me. :(

Fun game, but frustrating considering that I can't even finish EASY. Tips? Thanks for tips.

2. Rhei macrumors member

It's a huge PITA sometimes. All depends on your loadout and a bit of luck. Starting from that first stage, I would take out all of the crew except for one. With that done, the one guy has a heck of a time repairing all the systems, and most importantly, can't repair any weapons systems once you take those down. Make sure that you keep at least one guy alive, otherwise the ship goes into AI mode and repairs all systems at once.

Systems-wise, I would focus on taking out the missile system first, then lasers, then ion and finally the beam. For that second stage, I would really recommend a defense drone to shoot down the incoming boarding drone that he sends your way.

Overall, the last boss basically cheats, especially on the third stage of the fight. You really need to find a way to repair yourself between fights, but sometimes it's impossible. The fight itself is gritty to say the least, but eventually you'll be able to beat it.

Plenty of tips and tricks on Steam forums or the FTL wiki. It might take a few tries, but you'll be happy when you finally get it.