"full service" but no edge / 3g out of the blue - can't fix it

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by spaceballl, Mar 24, 2011.

1. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

Hi All,

I have an iPhone 4 on AT&T running iOS 4.2.1 jailbroken w/ greenpois0n. I've had it running like this perfectly for a while now, and yesterday I noticed that when I went to dinner, I wasn't getting e-mails on my phone all of a sudden. I glanced down and saw I didn't have any internet service. I figured that I was just in a bad spot, but when I got back to the hotel, I had the same issue. I've tried turning edge / 3G on/off, power-cycling the device, etc. I thought it was maybe a network issue so when i went to bed, I turned off the phone, and I turned it on again in the morning. Same issue. Then I went and reset all network settings - that didn't fix anything. Not sure which avenue to pursue next here, other than doing a full restore on the phone. I could do that, but the hotel internet is so darn slow that it would take me a while to download that big update. If I lose the jailbreak, i'll be pretty annoyed, but it won't be the end of the world. Has anyone seen this issue? I'm in Minneapolis right now, btw - as far as where i'm getting my service - or lack thereof. Thanks!

2. blevins321 macrumors 68030

I had this exact problem last night on my non-jailbreak 3GS running 4.3. It was right after the thunderstorms and I got a text from AT&T saying that they were having "weather-related data infrastructure issues." My texting and calling worked fine the entire time with 5 bars, but no data connectivity until about an hour ago.

3. spaceballl thread starter macrumors 68030

spaceballl

Ah okay - the weather out here has been pretty darn nasty - I figured it might be related to that, but I did some googling, and I couldn't find any other reports of this happening. What area are you located in? I guess i'll give it a day or so to correct itself.

4. blevins321 macrumors 68030

Hopefully that's the issue for you too. I'm in Dayton, Ohio so we've gotten the same storms after they're done with you. ;)

5. spaceballl thread starter macrumors 68030

spaceballl

Mods can close this thread. Here was the issue... I called AT&T to add a canada data plan, backdate it for my billing cycle, and then end it for the day i was calling. Instead of her ending canada data, she ended ALL data. MORON. So I called AT&T and after an hour or so, it was fixed.