[FUN] What are some things that Hillary could do to lose your vote?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by shyam09, Oct 24, 2016.

1. shyam09 macrumors 68020

shyam09

This is just a random, fun topic. Everyone is welcome of course.

Unless election day shows a different result, there's little chance that Trumpy is going to win the election. And Trumpy has said and done a lot ... A LOT ... of things that have caused some to change their vote, so let's not worry about any "oh what about Trump doing X, Y, Z" or something.

Basically, like the title states, what would it take for Hillary to lose your vote, in terms of new evidence / videos / articles / whatever on Hillary?

For example, many people stopped supporting Trump when his "***** grab" video came out. So what do you think will be the turning point for you?

If you're not voting for Hillary, do you think that there ever will be a turning point for some voters?

2. zin Suspended

If what we know about Hillary hasn't swayed the users here then my belief is that there is no turning point for those voters.

3. samcraig macrumors P6

And I said in the other thread - I believe the same to be true for those supporting Trump.

4. citizenzen macrumors 65816

What could Hillary do to lose my vote?

1. Drop out of the race.

2. Die.

:rolleyes:

5. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

If she said she was a shill for Trump, I'd have to vote for her anyway in case it was a joke, but if not a joke then I'd be pretty annoyed to have such a spoiler put out in advance of her inauguration.

I'd have to rethink my options if she said "If elected, I will not serve..."

Short of that I'm willing to see her elected and inaugurated and get started in her Presidency.

After all we're electing the leader of an executive branch of government. There are two other branches in the system plus the Fourth Estate, so as long as the editorial cartoons stay interesting, I'm good to go.

I imagine the cartoonists will miss Donald for awhile though. For balance they'll have to pick on someone besides President HRC now and then. Top of my current list for that honor at the outset of her presidency would be Paul Ryan. So many opportunities to draw hilarious pics of him trying to herd three distinct groups of GOP cats. :D

6. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Since she is the only thing between Trump and the White House I'd would say there is very little she could do. Maybe murdering someone on 5th avenue. :D

Plus I think she will have a more successful presidency than Trump would. She has a history of working across the aisle while Trump not only attacks across the aisle but even members of his own party. Not a recipe for success.

7. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Man then by all means let's have the election today. Millions of lucky early voters are done with this thing, why can't we get there sooner too?!

Who here votes today because their early voting period starts now? Go vote!

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/09/early-voting-states-228435

EDIT: these are interesting

Texas — Oct. 24 to Nov. 4.

Utah — Oct. 25 to Nov. 4​

8. Ulenspiegel macrumors 68030

Ulenspiegel

9. 0007776 Suspended

Trump would have to come out and clearly say that he will respect the results of the voters even if he loses. I was all set to vote for Johnson since I don't like Clinton and if Alaska goes her way she's already won the election and it's just running up the score. But then Trump started going off on the election being rigged so I want to help Clinton get a landslide to prove to Trump's supporters that it wasn't rigging but it was the country rejecting Trump.

10. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68040

Mac'nCheese

11. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

Diddo trump.

12. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

13. JackieInCo Suspended

This.

14. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

15. JackieInCo Suspended

16. chown33 macrumors 604

I know someone who can fix that.

The voting part, not the "you're dead" part.

17. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I wouldn't vote for her if she acted like Trump.

18. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

I mean, for starters, if she stood in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shot someone....

19. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

I might have to rethink if she actually picked Sheryl Sandberg for Treasury. But it would be too late by then, wouldn't it! Politico has run this idea up the flagpole two or three times already and always has in there that Sandberg's "not interested" which means "I won't look stupid if not nominated", so I hope someone with a lot more clout than I have manages to tell Clinton her left wing may riot if she makes that appointment.

20. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

I don't foresee her doing anything stupid before 11/8. (No early voting here.) She would have to completely pivot on every plank of her platform for me to not vote for her, but I still wouldn't vote for that man. I guess McMillan would get another vote.

21. JackieInCo Suspended

I've filled out my ballot and will be dropping it off later today. I have no problem saying I voted Hillary and Democrat for all the rest of the candidates.

DeadIines_2016-Oct-25.jpg

22. Roric macrumors regular

Thank you for being one of those that realize there are more races than just the presidential election on the ballot. Realistically those other races have a greater impact on your personal life in the long run than who wins president.

23. JackieInCo Suspended

And I am proud to live in a country where we have the opportunity to vote and have our voices be heard.

I feel good about who I've voted for, the best I've felt about this whole election mess in months.

24. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

For the right amount of money she will

25. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Trump and Pence drop dead and are replaced with a far more competent lot.

Actually that wouldn't work, since I've already voted... and it wasn't for either of them.