Funky thing w/ my texting

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by violetgoose, Jan 23, 2012.

1. violetgoose macrumors member

violetgoose

So usually you all iPhone owners know what the texting screen looks like right, when you are in a conversation w/ someone? It has the messages tab on the upper left hand corner, the person's name or number in the middle, and the edit message icon on the top right hand corner. Well I just had someone text me and I realized that the messages tab was gone!!! I couldn't go back to the main texting screen, if that makes any sense. Meaning that I couldn't go to the main screen to delete, create another text, etc. The only way for me to rectify this little issue was to reboot my phone. But it's so strange. Has anyone encountered this before?! :confused:

2. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

3. violetgoose thread starter macrumors member

violetgoose

My texting? Yeah I exited it and it just went back to the conversation I was having w/ the other person, same screen and everything that I described to you above. I think rebooting it helped... So for now it's fine but who knows it could pop back up again.

4. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

I meant completely closing it, by exiting and then closing it in the multitask bar! Always worth a try, before a reboot.

5. violetgoose thread starter macrumors member

violetgoose

Ohhh I know what you mean. You mean the bar that shows up when you press the home button twice, right? Okay I haven't done that yet. Thanks!

6. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

Yep, that's the one. You can hold those icons, until they start to jiggle, then you'll see the little thing on the corner to close out the app.

7. Zcott macrumors 68020

I've seen this before. Not a major bug but a bit annoying.

8. violetgoose thread starter macrumors member

violetgoose

Oh thank you!! I thought I was going crazy and nobody would know what I am talking about! I thought it wouldn't be anything too major but yes it is SUPER annoying, especially for those who text a whole lot. I've always liked the iPhone texting feature, since they keep my texts and convos organized and I can always edit, go back, etc and do stuff w/ them, but when I didn't see the Messages tab to go back to the main screen or main texting menu it seriously drove me nuts.. Just so inconvenient.

----------

Yeah I know what you're talking about! Just so I can "minimize" and close the application from the little bar, not actually DELETING the entire app since texting comes w/ the phone lol.

9. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

You can't delete a stock app, unless you jailbreak and do some finagling!

10. violetgoose thread starter macrumors member

violetgoose

LOL! I realized that... I am not into technology but I thought to myself I am pretty sure I can't delete texting and then reinstall it or whatever. But yeah thanks for the tip!