Funny story (I don't know a good title that wouldn't spoil it)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by lancestraz, Sep 11, 2007.

1. lancestraz macrumors 6502a

lancestraz

I just had to share. This happened to a friend of a friend of a sibling..... We'll call her Kelly....

OK, Kelly's parents wanted to go on vacation but their dog was old and in bad health. Not wanting to put the dog in a kennel, they left him with their daughter. Well, the dog ends up dying a few days after they leave.
    Kelly calls her parents and tells them that the dog died and ask what she should do? The parents want to burry the dog on their property so Kelly agrees to bring the dogs body to them. So she loads the deceased dog into a suitcase and heads for the subway.
    While attempting to board the subway the suitcase gets stuck on the door. Seeing her struggle, a kind young man tries to help her. "Oof, this thing is heavy", he said, "what's in here?". Panicking, she starts making up lies, "Oh, my iPod... laptop... umm... camera, you know...". After hearing this, the thief runs off with the suitcase.

Actually, this is pretty common.

2. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

4. lancestraz thread starter macrumors 6502a

lancestraz

Does it need one? I thought it was pretty obvious.

5. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

So was your sibling's friend's friend named Kelly, or Sarah, or Meredith, or Sara?

(This is an urban legend that's been around for over 20 years now in nearly identical forms and closer to 100 years in related forms. Nice try.)

6. Fearless Leader macrumors 68020

I love you

7. lancestraz thread starter macrumors 6502a

lancestraz

Argh. I've been tricked. Well it was funny when I first heard it. Not so much anymore...
    Last time I believe a friend of a friend of a siblings story.

8. LinuXtreme macrumors regular

LinuXtreme

I figured as much. I'd just found out that it was an urban legend when you posted.

I laughed though. I've never heard this one, and I'll have to share it (only I plan to share it as a joke instead of fact because there are already too many myths out there already without me adding to them. I'm funny like that :rolleyes: )

9. mcarnes macrumors 68000

mcarnes

Twenty years ago that suitcase would have held a walkman and a typewriter.

10. MacHipster macrumors 6502

A friend told me this story months ago..I knew it was too good to be true.:mad::p:D