Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lancestraz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 27, 2005
RI
I just had to share. This happened to a friend of a friend of a sibling..... We'll call her Kelly....

OK, Kelly's parents wanted to go on vacation but their dog was old and in bad health. Not wanting to put the dog in a kennel, they left him with their daughter. Well, the dog ends up dying a few days after they leave.
Kelly calls her parents and tells them that the dog died and ask what she should do? The parents want to burry the dog on their property so Kelly agrees to bring the dogs body to them. So she loads the deceased dog into a suitcase and heads for the subway.
While attempting to board the subway the suitcase gets stuck on the door. Seeing her struggle, a kind young man tries to help her. "Oof, this thing is heavy", he said, "what's in here?". Panicking, she starts making up lies, "Oh, my iPod... laptop... umm... camera, you know...". After hearing this, the thief runs off with the suitcase.

Actually, this is pretty common.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
So was your sibling's friend's friend named Kelly, or Sarah, or Meredith, or Sara?

(This is an urban legend that's been around for over 20 years now in nearly identical forms and closer to 100 years in related forms. Nice try.)

lancestraz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 27, 2005
RI
So was your sibling's friend's friend named Kelly, or Sarah, or Meredith, or Sara?

(This is an urban legend that's been around for over 20 years now in nearly identical forms and closer to 100 years in related forms. Nice try.)
Argh. I've been tricked. Well it was funny when I first heard it. Not so much anymore...
Last time I believe a friend of a friend of a siblings story.

LinuXtreme

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2007
Near Aspen

I figured as much. I'd just found out that it was an urban legend when you posted.

I laughed though. I've never heard this one, and I'll have to share it (only I plan to share it as a joke instead of fact because there are already too many myths out there already without me adding to them. I'm funny like that :rolleyes: )

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.