Funny, the Apple Watch came out and nobody is talking about it already.

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by rei101, Mar 17, 2015.

1. rei101 macrumors 6502a

Is like it never happened. At the end is nothing revolutionary, it is just an accessory, they should have released as such.

2. Garsun macrumors regular

Garsun

Funny, I though it does not come out till the end of next month :confused:

3. Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

I forgot it was even coming out. I have absolutely no interest in it and will stick with the fitness watches I have. Maybe in a few years and after some enhancements it will generate a little bit of interest in me.

4. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

Looking back, this is similar to the postings from people just before Apple started selling the iPhone :D.

It may sell or not sell but at least give it a year to see how it does.

5. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

Unless I'm misremembering, the iPhone had a lot of media interest from when it was announced to when it was released (about a half a year gap).

6. KauaiBruce macrumors 6502a

KauaiBruce

This is stupid. The watch DID NOT come out yet. Nothing to talk about yet in the outside world. We will get some stories on pre order day and then it will wake up when the watch is ACTUALLY OUT.

7. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

Bookmarking this thread for mockery at a later date.

8. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

Just a reminder of the Rules. ;)

9. Sirious macrumors 65816

Sirious

I for one am really excited for the launch of Apple Watch, but I don't have to keep preaching my thoughts about it online/in person.

10. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Funny, I remember people saying "It's just a big iPhone who needs that? haha" about the iPad.

11. NeutralGeek macrumors regular

Ironic thread is ironic.

It is not even out yet. Even who would love it to fail will not stop talking about it. :D

12. cosmic68 macrumors 6502

cosmic68

The barman says, 'We don't serve time travellers here'.

A time traveler walks into a pub.

13. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

Thanks for the reminder. :cool:

You guys may need to cook up a rule around "I told ya so" soon. There's going to be mass quantities of crow consumed over the next few months. ;)

14. Runt888 macrumors 6502a

Pretty sure the Apple Watch has seen a lot of media attention as well.

15. Multiverse223 macrumors regular

It's so uninteresting, and so few people are talking about it, that I'll go out of my way to seek out forums strictly concerning the watch and tell people how uninterested everyone is. Or I'm actually interested, at least subconsciously, hence my presence on forums 100% devoted to Watch. Apple has nothing to worry about if their product can invoke interest in people who say they are totally uninterested.

16. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

We'll be ready. :cool:

We've just got to wait to see who will be doing the crowing and who will be eating it. :D

17. KauaiBruce macrumors 6502a

KauaiBruce

Reminds me of a thread a few weeks back when someone argued with me that it should be 'totally fine' to shower with good quality leather bands. He was trying to say that my past issues with wet leather wallets going through a washing machine were just because I only had cheap leather.

THEN of course Apple puts out a disclaimer saying not to get the leather bands wet. :D

BTW: What happened to the folks that expected the SS watch to be $350 and the sport would be $250 even though Apple always said Starting at $349?

18. bbeagle macrumors 68040

bbeagle

First, the Apple Watch has NOT come out yet....
    Second, the Apple Watch is being talked about like crazy. Look at this forum. It's going crazy with comments.

I do not understand why you posted.

19. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

The only explanation I can think of is that they don't think it is being discussed much outside of the world of technology (it was originally posted in the Current Events forum :confused:).

It's certainly a hot topic here on MacRumors. :)

20. McDaddio macrumors 6502a

are there any rules about trolling headlines, like saying that the Apple Watch has came out and nobody is talking about it already (wait, isn't there a whole section on this site about the Watch?)

21. ZombiePete macrumors 68020

ZombiePete

There will be plenty of hype when it actually releases. I personally am very interested in how pre-ordering is going to go; will it be as big a fiasco as the iPhone 6 pre-order was, or will demand be low enough that Apple can weather the storm? Ask me again at 2am on April 10th.

22. Mildredop macrumors 68020

That's being a bit of a Buzz Killington. In itself, that was quite a humerous remark. We all know where the rules are, let people make a mistake before wagging your finger.

23. cardfan macrumors 65816

I would guess there are many waiting to see how it does. They don't want to risk being embarrassed about wearing this knowing how much it costs and not knowing what reaction they'll get.

24. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

No finger wagging, just a friendly reminder (note the smiley on the end).

We'd rather members didn't break the rules in the first place. It makes our job a lot easier.