Funny trick to play on someone who doesn't lock their phone.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tyranical, Jun 17, 2009.

1. tyranical macrumors regular

Did it at work today, robbed someones iphone who fell asleep in the canteen and set a code on it, didn't tell them, they kept trying to guess it... then after so many guess its starts saying you can't guess again for 1 minute, then 5, then 15, then an hour etc... After 2 hours of being unable to get on his iphone (and he had a txt msg from his girlfriend which showed up on the home screen which he couldn't read lol) we told him the code, now he has it locked at all times when its not in use.

Pretty funny i thought, not sure what would of happened if he had put it in wrong again after an hour lol.

2. DarkJaye macrumors member

3. tyranical thread starter macrumors regular

it is rather amusing i thought, it kept us all amused for a few hours anyway.

4. Pcpro745 macrumors newbie

i always have a lock on mine, i had a friend who grabbed my phone and tried to guess it, he gave up after it did the 15 minutes lol

5. MadMacxxx macrumors 6502a

MadMacxxx

luckily you didnt enable the wipe after 10 tries features! He would've been pissed! haha

6. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

+1, this sounds like the funniest joke I could ever possibly make.

7. tyranical thread starter macrumors regular

Gah, some people have no sense of humour.

I suppose you need to work in engineering to appreciate childish immature jokes because they go on every day in manufacturing places lol.

8. Andrew.s macrumors regular

Andrew.s

Anytime a friend asks to see my phone I let them cause it has the passcode. When they ask for it I just laugh at them.

I'd be heated if someone did this with my phone if I didn't have it locked. Ha ha. I would get a kick out doing this to someone though.

9. Slip Jigs macrumors 6502a

We did something like this one. This guy fell asleep, we took his phone outside and smashed it into little bits on the parking lot. Scooped up all the pieces and put them in a ziploc bag in his desk.

You should have seen the look on his face! Man did we all laugh about that one!

10. Earley008 macrumors member

i admit i was laughing. wouldnt be if it was me though....