Fusion 4.1: how seamless is virtualization of Snow Leopard under Lion?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by malch, Mar 23, 2012.

1. malch macrumors 6502

Hi there,
    There are just two old PowerPC apps that run under Snow Leopard, that won't run in Lion. My dependance on these apps has prevented me from upgrading.
    I just read, though, that Fusion 4.1 will allow virtualization of Snow Leopard on a Mac running Lion.
    Apologies if I'm putting this clumsily; I really don't understand how any of this works—I would like to know, though, if it does indeed work, and if it works well.
    If I upgrade to Lion, but then (after installing Fusion 4.1) have Snow Leopard running quietly in the background, can I use my old calendar program just by clicking on the icon in the dock? How seamlessly will it be to go from my main work (in Lion, with Intel apps) to my two old Rosetta apps?
    thanks for any advice,
    malch

2. old-wiz macrumors G3

I think the ability of fusion to run snow leopard under lion was killed - the apple license does not allow virtualization of snow leopard non-server

3. malch thread starter macrumors 6502

O.K., well thanks for the update on this.
    I can't imagine why Apple would care, one way or the other, if someone like me is running Lion (which I'll have paid for) AND Snow Leopard (which I've already paid for... but there must be some reason.
    malch