Fusion missing folder and won’t open VM after 10.5.5

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Julien, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

I updated to 10.5.5 last night and got an error message (below) on boot up. Ran Fusion and when I went to open my Vista VM it said “Failed to connect to peer”. I then did a system restore (before the 10.5.5 update) and the same message appeared on boot up. I have even used TM to look for the missing folder under /Library/Application Support but according to TM it’s never been on my system.

How do I find and install this folder and why did it disappear with no TM evidence of it ever being on my system?

[​IMG]

2. Julien thread starter macrumors G3

Julien

Just noticed that 2.0 was available so I downloaded it and installed. I get to the serial number and it is auto added correctly (checked my CD-ROM case) and hit enter and get the following screen. What is post flight scrip and how do I run it?

[​IMG]

3. Brendon Bauer macrumors 6502

I run VMware Fusion with Windows XP, and mine is fine after the 10.5.5 update. I am in the process of downloading VMware 2.0, but my current 1.1.3 version still works fine after the OS update.

4. Julien thread starter macrumors G3

Julien

I'm sure it was more of an isolated event and only happens to a very small percetige of people. However from my prospective it was 100%.:eek: I had to totally uninstall and then reinstall Fusion. Then had to go throughout the whole VM setup process and still lost my data back until the 10th. I think that TM's system restore had some kind of glitch also and some data was restored to the 10th. I've found 1 other program that had lost data to the 10th. Knock on wood that will be all.

5. kalex macrumors 65816

did you loose your Virtual machine? I think that time machine skips backups of fusion files, but i'm not 100% certain of that