Future of Apple

RayCon

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2001
Stillwater MN
Objectivity!

Can you believe it? With all the WinDunces out there who criticize Apple and its products without any knowledge of the subject they're talking about (I won't mention any names ;)), it's quite refreshing and informative... and VERY in-depth! Positive, negative, or indifferent, it nice to see an objective approach.

BurntCalc

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2002
Tucson
I wince every time i read an article about macs. There's an article about OSX that says its auto-update feature "only lets you update once a week, leaving users without the latest patches for a whole week"... Gah! WTF? if you're gonna write an article on something, at least take the time to educate yourself. :eek:

RayCon

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2001
Stillwater MN
Originally posted by BurntCalc
There's an article about OSX that says its auto-update feature "only lets you update once a week, leaving users without the latest patches for a whole week"... Gah! WTF? if you're gonna write an article on something, at least take the time to educate yourself. :eek:
You've GOT to be kidding, right? Come on, that's really funny. ANYBODY who's ever used Software Update knows there's a big button that says Update Now.

You ARE kidding, right?:eek:

gandalf55

macrumors 6502
Apr 13, 2001
boston
BURNT CALC:

it's time for you go actually use OSX...
if you didn't know about the Update Now button... ack!

one thing i would like to know: how do i remove updates from the list? i don't need 4 updated printer drivers - ones i don't have. i get SU telling me about them all the time.

cheers

U

Unregistered

Gandalf,
In SU there is a "Make Inactive" menu item under one of the menus. Click on the printer update you don't want and make it inactive, it dissapears.

It's Cool!

Originally posted by gandalf55
BURNT CALC:

it's time for you go actually use OSX...
if you didn't know about the Update Now button... ack!

one thing i would like to know: how do i remove updates from the list? i don't need 4 updated printer drivers - ones i don't have. i get SU telling me about them all the time.

cheers