Futureshop question: Can I buy iPad and return when iPad 2 is out?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by iMattcotv, Mar 8, 2011.

1. iMattcotv macrumors 6502

iMattcotv

Its 1:58AM and I plan on going to futureshop tomorrow to pick up an iPad while I wait for the 2nd gen to come, and quite frankly I just want to try it out before I make up my mind.

Am I able to do this? I know their return policy is like 14-30 days, but im afraid that if I do buy an iPad, that I might be stuck with it when the 2nd gen comes out, because they might not take it back..

PS: Im canadian, the release date for me is the 25th.

I basically want to try a few apps I heard are amazing:
    -InkPad
    -Pages
    -Skyfire
    -LogMeIn

2. Kadin macrumors 6502a

Kadin

They have a standard return policy just like many other places do. Now I don't live in Canada myself but I have to believe that just because a new item comes out, that doesn't release them from still honoring their agreement with you. I don't see anything in their policy that states otherwise...

3. Mac7 macrumors 6502a

Mac7

I'm doing that with Best Buy. I know it's wrong but I needed to see if I want 3g or not.

4. bembol macrumors 65816

bembol

Yes, you can. I don't care what you do but depending on location stock may be limited so do others a favour by buying (borrowing) an Open Box.

TBH, I would've done this but I have no interest on the iPad 2.

5. 1969cj5 macrumors member

Quintzy play...and drives up costs for others

6. newdeal macrumors 68020

yes you can do it futureshop has a 14 day return policy. Since they only take 5% off open box ipads I wouldnt worry too much about bankrupting the store lol

7. Carouser macrumors 65816

How about you get some common patience and wait until the 25th instead of being a jackass who loopholes a return policy?

8. newdeal macrumors 68020

No point screw futureshop they will more than make up the money they lose by selling you a $75 4 foot HDMI cable some day

9. Carouser macrumors 65816

Yes, when they lose money they pass it on to the customer, thanks for encouraging this, good job.

10. newdeal macrumors 68020

I am sure they are losing their shirts selling an open box ipad that retails for $549 at the impressive price of $521.50. $27.50 off for an open box, I am sure they make more than that so they are still operating on a profit

11. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. Wait the 2 weeks OP, it isn't going to kill you.

12. newdeal macrumors 68020

used Macs at futureshop...oh I mean open box Macs, are discounted 3%...so on a $2000 macbook pro if you take the used one you save $60...yeah I feel really bad for futureshop

13. MBPLurker macrumors member

You know that stores like Best Buy and Future Shop make almost nothing on Apples, right? Open box stuff is sold break-even or at a loss. They make money on the accessories. They would love to be able to drop the prices of the old generation open box computers even more to move them out of the store.

14. admanimal macrumors 68040

Wouldn't it make waaaay more sense and be much less of a hassle to just wait and buy an iPad 2 and return that if you decide you don't like it? At least that way you potentially avoid having to return anything if you like the iPad 2.