FYI -Grandfathered Unlimited Planners with AT&T

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ross71, Oct 20, 2011.

1. ross71 macrumors newbie

I checked my features in OLAM today and noticed that my $30 unlimited data plan was gone and I had been switched to the $15 200 mb plan upon activation on my iPhone 4s. I called right away and the CSR had her supervisor add the unlimited plan back. She said some people got switched during the upgrade process and they weren't sure what happened. :rolleyes:

Glad I caught it before it was too late. You guys might want to check just to be on the safe side.

2. DeftwillP macrumors 6502

Did you ask them to put you on the super secret unlimited data plan for 4s? It's the only way to unlock the power of 4g data.

[/sarcasm]

3. ross71 thread starter macrumors newbie

Gee I hope that's what they put me on :D

4. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

were you able to get the Unlimited back on?

because ATT loves to say "once its gone, you cant get it back because we dont offer it anymore"

this is a mess for people who dont look closely at their billing and what they have on their plan

5. xplnusa macrumors regular

6. Carl G35c macrumors 6502

please reread the OP

7. jca24 macrumors 6502a

jca24

and a mess for people that do not read posts before they post:eek:

havin fun

8. PerplexShyt macrumors 6502

no need to call them, or even sign on your account.

just call *3282# from your phone, and boom text message of your data and msg

9. xplnusa macrumors regular

When I did that it said 1.5M of Unlimited (Deactivated)

I hope I didn't just deactivate that...

10. deeddawg macrumors 604

Best get into OLAM and check your Features if you only get one line about data.

On mine, *3282# gives the deactivated line plus a second line saying Data (MB): xyz of Unlimited.

This reflects the switch to the Unlimited for iPhone 4S plan; the old plan up to the activation date, then the new plan from then to today.

11. mwhities, Oct 26, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2011

mwhities macrumors 6502a

Same kinda senario here but, it was with my text messaging. Within two days after I bought my 4S, I received a text from AT&T stating I had already used 20.00 dollars of my text message allowance.

I quickly called and told the AT&T rep that I was assured that my account would retain all of the same options as I had. She looked back and did notice that I had the 20.00 unlimited txt and m2m. She said she couldn't waive the fee at that time but, on my next billing cycle, an AT&T rep will call me and the fees would be waved then. She stated she put a note on the account that will show I called and that the fees are to be waived.

I'll find out Nov. 17th.

OP, I did that the first thing. I didn't notice the text issue stated above but, I checked for the unlimited data for being grand-fathered in and I was still.

12. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Got the urge to check.... nothing has changed.

13. DalesWife macrumors newbie

Sort of the same thing with me.... but it was because I had activation issues with my 4s. The only way AT&T could "force activate" my 4s was to take my unlimited data back to a lower plan. They gave their word they would add it back later; saying there was no way they could add a 4s onto a plan with unlimited data since they no longer offered it. I'm guessing there was a whole lot of this going on. Luckily when I called back they hadn't forgotten to switch me back to unlimited and I was all good.