All iPads FYI - Target offering $200 store GC for "any" iPad trade-in

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jasonv1, Nov 3, 2013.

1. jasonv1 macrumors member

See: http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1310553/?start=0

The screen must not be cracked and the iPad must power on. You don't even need to include a power adapter. You must visit a Target with a mobile "store", which is really just an aisle where they sell phones. Use the normal Target find a store page (to find a store with a mobile section) rather than the Target mobile page to find a store, as the former is accurate but the latter seems to be having problems.

I used this deal today to trade in an iPad 1 towards and iPad Air (Target is selling them for $479 currently), although you don't have to buy anything that day if you want to wait for the new Mini.

If you have an iPad 1 taking up space, I very much doubt you will find a better deal than this. Personally, I think they will change this deal at any time as $200 for an iPad 1 is insane.

2. flyersgl macrumors member

If you own an iPad 1, check out Target promo

they are offering a minimum $200 trade in for any iPad through next Sat.

I traded in my launch day 1 today for $200. I used it to buy a iPad 4, which, after a $40 gift card, cost me $209. If they'd had a 16gb air in stock, I would have bought that instead, but I am going to buy a retina mini for my primary use, so I was ok with a 4 to sit on my kitchen counter. Target stores seem to have 32gb in stock, but nobody around me had 16gb this weekend...

3. mtntrance macrumors member

Do you have a link? I couldn't find anything on their website.

4. Rockies macrumors 6502

http://www.targettradeinprogram.com/

Don't forget and additional 5% with Target's redcard.

5. jasonv1 thread starter macrumors member

A screencap of the ad is available here: http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1310553/?start=0

I used this promo today to trade in my iPad 1. You get a store credit so you can even wait on the Mini if you want.

6. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

I might advise my sister of this. She got my dad's first-gen iPad handed down to her. For $100 net she could get an iPad mini, which at least will run something newer than iOS 5. My dad has my old iPad 2, which is fine for him because it still gets iOS updates and only misses minor features like Siri and AirDrop.

7. mzubb macrumors newbie

I can confirm this. Just got my $200 target gift card for my iPad 1 from St. Cloud, MN target. I used it on a $479 iPad Air. But you can use it on anything in the store.

8. FAsnakes macrumors regular

Ipad 2 32gig wifi black is quoted at $145.

lol, not even $200 despite the banner claim! :)

9. mzubb macrumors newbie

I got the $200 target gift card today for my iPad 1. They're going to have a lot of old iPads on their hands at the end of the week.

10. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

I'm seriously disappointed there appears to not be a target within 50 miles of me that offers this.

I have 3 iPad1s i'd consider doing this too. At a minimum, I need to do 1 asap.

11. catalyst6 macrumors 6502a

catalyst6

Damn.....what a deal.

So many iPad were floating around my workplace for $100'ish bucks in the past week (iPad 1's). Wish I had collected them.

12. decksnap macrumors 68040

decksnap

13. Mr.C macrumors 601

Already a thread on this.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1666584

14. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

Where are the stores with Target Mobile locations in FL??

----------

So wait, you can get the $200 and NOT buy an iPad right then? Seriously???

Because, I'll drive to the store I found tomorrow if that is the case!

Sorry kids - mommy is trading them in! LOL!!

15. Chmeeee macrumors member

When they do these promos, the online quote system does not reflect the promo value.

16. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

PWNAGE ... hahahaha

17. jasonv1 thread starter macrumors member

I would call your Target and ask if they have a mobile department, the website may be wrong. Easiest way is to transfer to electronics and ask them. It seemed like all the Targets in my areas had one.

18. jasonv1 thread starter macrumors member

The website prices are wrong. You have to go in to get the $200.

In the store they punch in the actual iPad model number and it confirms the buy back amount. Traded in a launch day iPad 1 myself, got my credit with no issues even with 2 dented corners.

19. Altis macrumors 68010

I wonder if this will work in Canada...

I'd be slightly tempted to trade in my gen 1. Even then...

20. jasonv1 thread starter macrumors member

Yep, even multiple iPads are ok. They give you a store gift card on the spot after some quick paperwork.

The do need to get into the menu to get the model number so go through the initial setup after wiping your iPad. I had a little delay as their in store wireless wasn't working and they needed to get past the iPad setup to get into the menus.

I would jump on it ASAP just in case they end the promo early. As I said in my post $200 for an iPad 1 is insane, no way they are making that back.

21. Hitch08 macrumors 6502

Wish I could find an in-store mobile anywhere near me. I checked within 200 miles of New York, Philly and Washington DC - NOTHING....

22. dljor macrumors regular

same thing here.

does this work with any target store or just the ones show up in the 'find a store' link?

23. edhchoe macrumors 6502

24. Cool Pup macrumors 6502a

Cool Pup

That's a fantastic deal to get rid of your older iPads, almost too good to be true so be sure to dump those first and second gens if you want out before they change anything. But, if you have a 3 or later I'd take it to Best Buy. I got 235 for mine.

25. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

I know they don't.... I work there! Lol!

I have to drive toward orlando to find them, they didn't show up on the search, but when I started clicking on the bigger stores I knew of they popped up.

I'm extremely tempted to drive there tonight. I just have to figure out what I can do because they are used daily for school tasks!