FYI you can have 60 days to return your iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by w4rmk, Jul 24, 2010.

1. w4rmk macrumors regular

w4rmk

So I purchased my iPhone 4 via AT&T pre-order and called them last week to get a refund. They issued me an RMA number and emailed me a prepaid return label. They said "we must receive your iPhone within 30 days or the RMA number will expire". So that means I have a total of almost 60 days (don't forget to allow time for shipping). So if any of you are on the fence and your 30 day window is approaching I would recommend calling AT&T and getting your RMA number issued, then you have a few more weeks to decide.

I returned my iPhone 4 without waiting the extra time because I'm not going to change my mind. Both my office and home have only 2 bars of coverage so if I touch the magic spot the iPhone 4 drops the call in about 5 seconds every time. So I'm going to go back to my iPhone 3GS (which I didn't have dropped call problems with) and wait until after September 30th in the hopes Apple will come out with a hardware revision, if not I'll probably wait for the iPhone 5.

I am expressing my displeasure with the iPhone 4 in the "right way" - that being getting my money back, so I hope Apple is listening.

2. RafaelT macrumors 65816

RafaelT

If you still can't decide if you like it within 30 days it probably needs to go back. It shouldn't take 60 days to figure out if you like a phone.

3. w4rmk thread starter macrumors regular

w4rmk

I disagree, I for one was waiting as long as I could to see what Apple's response would be to the antenna issue and after their press conference I took a few days to consider my options, plus I was out of town on business and the box was at home. For those of us who bought our iPhone 4's on release day the press conference pushed us pretty close to the 30 day window.

So there are any number of reasons why having more than 30 days to act is a huge plus.

4. joekun macrumors regular

Didn't jobs say during the press conference they were going to give out free cases and if you still weren't happy you could return the phone. To me that sounded like an expanded return window.

5. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

It should have resulted in that.

The 30 day period has now expired for many people, with Apple not shipping them a case/bumper until October.