G.W. Bush Is Now More Favorable Than Mitt Romney

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Prof., Sep 27, 2012.

1. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

Attached Files:

2. Charcoalwerks macrumors regular

Charcoalwerks

Not surprising at all. Romney IS Bush third term. The best thing holding Obama in right now is his not sable rattling for war in Iran. I don't like the way Obama has handled the budget, unemployment, and the NDAA. From what I've seen he's taken a neutral stance on the Iran/Israel situation and I applaud that.

3. swingerofbirch macrumors 68030

The Amalgamated States of Central North America
    I see what you're saying, and I don't claim to understand 1% of the mideast, but I don't think that the US under Obama or any other president since Israel's creation as a country has been neutral on Israel. As far as I know, under Obama, Israel has continued receiving the most foreign aid of any country the US gives to. Aid in this context means money to buy weapons, which I don't understand given that by now Israel must have multiple nuclear weapons. The other countries we give aid to are for abstinence education. It kind of makes me laugh: we give money for weapons and money to tell people not to have sex.

But you're definitely right in that religious, conservative politicians in the US give a lot of lip service to Israel and tend to make some careless statements about blindly supporting Israel and bombing Iran. I have to imagine it has something to do with fundamentalist Christian beliefs about the importance of Israel. I don't know much about the end times Christians believe in, but isn't the Jewish people living in Israel somehow important in all of that?

You sound pretty thoughtful. What was your disapproval of the unemployment problem? Do you think Obama should have not pushed the stimulus through or that it should have been bigger?

4. Charcoalwerks macrumors regular

Charcoalwerks

Germany also gave Israel (Dolphin class) submarines capable of launching nukes.

Here's an article from the Wash Examiner which leans right, but I haven't been able to refute this one with clear evidence to the contrary.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/team-...-below-6-by-2012/article/2503947#.UGVS8bT-VEA