Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mongo1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 25, 2002
Somewhere on the Left Cost
Okay, if you like me you're really in need of a life. Constanting checking the Apple Store web site to see if the G4 iMac you ordered on Jan 7th has moved from "being assembled" to "being prepared for shipment". Calling up the local Apple Store to see if they have any idea when the BIG shipment will arrive. Scanning all the rumor site for any new info. You get the idea...

Here's my idea: An G4 iMac delivery Pool...

Similar to the Superbowl pool that all your normal office co-workers participate in (by the way, who's playing??? Does anybody really care?!?), but different.

Here's how it works, everybody puts in an estimate of the number of days from ordering to the date of arrival. The person or persons who come closest without going over wins the title of "Supreme Imperial Crowned King Obiviously Fallen Over Really Cool G4 iMac" or SICKO FOR Cool G4 iMac for short.. The title isn't worth much... But it's the thought that counts...

I'll start... Order Date (officially) Jan 11th Guesstimate of delivery Feb 7th
Number of Days: 28

Enjoy

Mongo Mike

cornelius

macrumors regular
Jan 9, 2002
my dad

i guess that my dad went around spreading some sugar. cuz you two are my brothers,so that makes us 3 and counting. And that was back then when they didnt had pulling out,so lets see who else appears

mongo1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 25, 2002
Somewhere on the Left Cost
Re: G4 iMac Delivery Pool

Originally posted by mongo1

Here's how it works, everybody puts in an estimate of the number of days from ordering to the date of arrival. The person or persons who come closest without going over wins the title of "Supreme Imperial Crowned King Obiviously Fallen Over Really Cool G4 iMac" or SICKO FOR Cool G4 iMac for short.. The title isn't worth much... But it's the thought that counts...

I'll start... Order Date (officially) Jan 11th Guesstimate of delivery Feb 7th
Number of Days: 28

Enjoy

Mongo Mike

I've checked for the last time today... Any my system is still being assembled...

Various different rumors from production halt due to firmware bug to Dell employees sabotaging the production line (forgot where I heard that one). In any case, I'm pretty sure that my guesstament will be off by at least a week, maybe more.

In the mean time, I still have no life...

Mongo Mike

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.