I currently have a powermac 6500. I was ready to buy a new dual 800 in december but then I heard the rumors about the g5 at san francisco. After that I became determined to wait for the g5 but I've had enough of waiting and I desperately need a dvd burner to steal more ps2 games And the new dual 1 ghz macs look good but then again the g5's will have even more power and might have this gigawire thing and usb 2.0 ports. Then again, couldn't i get those ports in one of my PCI slots? Would it be the same speed? And finally...should I wait fer g5 or get g4? If someone could answer any of my questions please reply.